X35 Question

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
When HF coils are fitted there will be no normalization or TX gain setting available in the menu.
This was copied from the XP site

OP
OP
secondstar

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, so if I interpret that excerpt correctly then TID’s are not normalized when using the HF coil which is what I prefer...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct. TIDs are not normalized with the HF coils.

1gadawgsfan

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2019
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, what a thread. Very informative, I have read through this 2 times.LOL
I am new to this machine so I think I am more confused now. I am really struggling with my machine and I am not convinced it is the machine I thought, however after reading this thread it is probably me and not being educated enough about it.
First of all I did not know there were so many coil options, I guess I need to figure out what coils I have and go from there. This may sound crazy but is there a way to know what coils I have, I looked on them and it does not say any of the options listed in this discussion?
I see the 2 names mentioned as the go to fellows on here for Deus questions, Vferrari and Calabash digger. maybe 1 of them or someone else can help me figure all this out.
Thank you for your time and your input

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, what a thread. Very informative, I have read through this 2 times.LOL
I am new to this machine so I think I am more confused now. I am really struggling with my machine and I am not convinced it is the machine I thought, however after reading this thread it is probably me and not being educated enough about it.
First of all I did not know there were so many coil options, I guess I need to figure out what coils I have and go from there. This may sound crazy but is there a way to know what coils I have, I looked on them and it does not say any of the options listed in this discussion?
I see the 2 names mentioned as the go to fellows on here for Deus questions, Vferrari and Calabash digger. maybe 1 of them or someone else can help me figure all this out.
Thank you for your time and your input

Type of coil is fairly easy to determine: All white coils are HF coils. If you have a black coil, the coil will say X35 under the XP logo on the top front of the coil if it is one of the new X35 coils. If it doesn't say X35, then it is likely an older legacy LF coil. XP started selling the Deus systems with X35 coils included (9" or 11") as the standard coil in the Fall of 2018 and retired the older legacy LF black coil line (no longer manufactured or included with Deus machines).

Oh and I'm sure you saw this already, but here's a recent post of mine that summarizes what the settings do and where best to start when setting up the machine for learning it:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/598815-stacking-custom-programs.html#post6071281

If you have specific questions your overall detecting experience and detecting objectives (target types: coins, jewelry, relics and types of sites: parks, ball fields, woods, beaches, farms) are good info to provide when asking for help on using the Deus (or any detector for that matter). HTH

Last edited:

1gadawgsfan

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2019
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I did start another thread not to be hijacking this one. where I also mentioned the type hunting I usually do

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread