Advice from the forum

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron check only works with ID Norm set to off. The principle is that while most non-ferrous target IDs will shift higher or lower with increasing or deceasing operating frequency, ferrous target ID stays relatively constant independent of frequency even if it falses into the overlap region (97 - 99 ID) or if you are getting high target ID due to a mixed ferrous/non-ferrous crown cap. So the iron check merely is a way to take your favorite program and simply change the operating frequency to 4 khz. That way if you have a suspected ferrous target that is giving you a high tone, you can switch to the iron chk program quickly using the plus-minus buttons and check for a target ID shift down at 4 khz. If target ID stays the same or goes up, then you have a probable ferrous target. You still can't be 100% sure unless you dig it. Since it works with any base program, I don't provide explicit settings for it.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some youtube videos on bottle caps. Also Andy Sabisch book

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also youtube video skill school IRON.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a local metal detector supplier nearby my place, and they have Andy Sabisch book, gonna get it soon.

That's a great idea! I purchased that book when I got my Deus and it really cleared up a lot of things for me. You're asking great questions, you're going to love the Deus once you've accumulated some hours on it.

Cyberdeus

Dec 29, 2019
Netherlands
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great idea! I purchased that book when I got my Deus and it really cleared up a lot of things for me. You're asking great questions, you're going to love the Deus once you've accumulated some hours on it.

Thank you for the great feedback man. I already have 4 first hours with my Deus which is not bad at all. I had no idea what I was doing with the settings :D but overall, found few coins haha. This weekend, going for another run and this time with the stock Deus Fast settings for a try out 8-). Although I dont have much hours on my "broomstick" yet, I already my Deus =D I will have more questions to ask here definitely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread