Found my youngest silver dime today

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got my first silver coin today (with the Deus) and it was a young one. I was saying to myself "The definition of crazy is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." So I did what everyone says not to do--I tried something different and ran the Deep program and just started digging everything that sounds good. I guess that's not much different than what everyone says to do. Didn't clean it yet, just rinsed it off. Time ran out just when I was getting going. As Arnold would say, I'll be baaaack.

First silver dime.jpg

Last edited:

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on finding your first silver coin with the Deus! I think that Deep uses older filters, as does Hot, which is why some caution against the use of these programs... I started with the Deus at version 4.1 and therefore cannot speak to how programs functioned on older software versions.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first/youngest silver coin. It can't get any younger than that !

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not done messing with the programs yet. I like the Deep but now I want to try it at 4KHz with the TX boost mode.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
It can get a little newer if you dig Canadian. 1968

Silver is always great no matter what the date.
Congrats on a great find...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Silver is silver, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread