I could use some idas please

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was contacted by a lady that lost her White Gold ring. She said the ring has a horseshoe top with several Diamonds. The ring is supposed to be the size of a Nickle and has been missing maybe 5 months ago/ The value of th8is ring is $10,000

I have 2 Xp Deus's with Standard 9 inch Standard 11 inch, 9 Inch elliptical coils, I also have 3 X35 coils .(9 inch 11 inch and a 11x13 inch) Both of my detectors have version 5.0 on them.This soil in the Mid Ohio usually Ground Balances 81 to 86 There are some Over head power lines close by. I have not looked for it yet waiting for lady to meet me there some 50 miles from me.

OK Questions time. What coils should i use , What programs and what sensitivity settings ? I am thinking Deus Fast and a Sensitivity setting of 60 maybe less any input please ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some what of a idea

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will want to use higher frequencies to minimize the power line noise and because the target is white gold (mid conductor). I would go with the elliptical unless you have a lot of ground to cover, then go with the 11" or 11x13" x35 coil at 25 khz. If the target is still there after 5 months, it will likely not have sunk much if the field is undisturbed, so depth should not be an issue. I would go with 25 (X35)/28 khz (elliptical), standard Deus fast program and ignore anything that rings up higher than 80 or 85 or much lower than 50, though air testing on a similar ring would be ideal. You might want to lower sensitivity a tad too so you are not hitting on super deep targets, but the higher frequency should naturally limit depth somewhat. Good

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you VERY MUCH Mr Veferrari There is a lot of ground to cover

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two cents: lower the Audio response, raise the Reactivity. Get a practice target and listen to the double blip of a surface target and also the sound after the coil is off the target. And check to see what minimum Sensitivity level you can use. You might be able to shift the frequency to eliminate the power lines.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After five months in the elements of the upper mid-west, the ring is unlikely to still be on the surface, but it still should be fairly shallow depending on the soil type. I would adjust reactivity up only as necessary based on the density of trash targets in the search area.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring test target with you so you can adjust on site.

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good luck. i mean it. it's been my experience that most lost items are not close to where they think that they lost it. sometimes the ring was missing for hours before they discovered it was missing. hopefully it will be for you and her.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch her eyes where she looks when you ask her where it is.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much Audio Response can amplify EMI or noises from highly mineralized ground. Best to check how your test target responds to all settings.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much Audio Response can amplify EMI or noises from highly mineralized ground. Best to check how your test target responds to all settings.

Regarding Audio response, it is true that setting it too high can just amplify noise. I tend to keep mine set at 4 which provides the best balance of being able to hear the deep targets with a touch of depth-based modulation without introducing unwanted noise due to over-amplification.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't done any hunting with the Audio Response at "0" but I did test this on a small gold ring. Still could pick up a good signal at several inches (air test) so if the power lines are bothering you, you should be able to run it all the way down. But you won't get the tell-tale double blip.

I have power lines, telephone lines, internet cable all about ten feet away from where I practice. I ran the Audio Response up to "7" and did not hear any EMI. Maybe it was there, but didn't hear it and air tests no issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am waiting for the lady to call me back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread