Mi6 issues

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have owned the mi6 for the past year and it is the biggest pain. It almost constantly makes noise. I have posted on this before and have been unable to find a remedy. I often am forced to hit the button several times on harder to find targets. It works but it’s just really noisy. Being near power lines is not the issue or my cell phone. I’ve tried everything. Does this thing have a reset? I’m considering getting a carrot.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went with the Minelab pin pointer and don’t like it at all. I’m going back to the carrot I swear I ordered 2 today. Good luck brotha

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not had a noise problem with it. Problems with it reliably connecting in wireless mode but that seems to have been resolved with the latest updates.

Do you turn it on with the tip touching the ground to balance it so it is not as noisy when you first turn it on?

Are you using it wirerlessly or standalone? If wirelessly, what Deus software version are you running?

What audio mode are you using (pitch or tone) if in wirerless?

How high do you have sensitivity set?

It is normal to repeatedly have to touch the button to reduce sensitivity as you zero in on the target. That is how a carrot works too. I like the fact that it is super sensitive and that you can reduce sensitivity incrementally with button pushes. I have noticed that it sometimes seems to get "reset" on sensitivity and you have to rebalance, but other than that no issues.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, try to run maybe like 45 on Sensitivity in the Pinpointer menu.

Last edited:
OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have not had a noise problem with it. Problems with it reliably connecting in wireless mode but that seems to have been resolved with the latest updates.

Do you turn it on with the tip touching the ground to balance it so it is not as noisy when you first turn it on?

Are you using it wirerlessly or standalone? If wirelessly, what Deus software version are you running?

What audio mode are you using (pitch or tone) if in wirerless?

How high do you have sensitivity set?

It is normal to repeatedly have to touch the button to reduce sensitivity as you zero in on the target. That is how a carrot works too. I like the fact that it is super sensitive and that you can reduce sensitivity incrementally with button pushes. I have noticed that it sometimes seems to get "reset" on sensitivity and you have to rebalance, but other than that no issues.

I usually run in either 35 or 45 sensitivity. I used the latest update on my deus and run the pinpointer connected to the deus. I use pitch I believe. I usually start it touching the ground but not always. One of my hunting buddies has the same setup but doesn’t experience the same issues.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try swapping pinpointers with your buddy (i.e., pair your pinpointer with your buddy's machine and his with your machine) to see if the problem follows the pinpointer.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my stealthy MI6 and I run the sens at about 40 anything higher than 45 and I start having issues detecting multiple targets. The Research feature has saved me twice already so I'm going to have to hook up a lanyard just to be safe.

I just wonder if your running sens too high?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread