Deus Headphones

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've tried other headphone but the audio on the Deus Backphones is way better than anything else that I've tried. Even the WS5 headphones don't sound as good. I wish someone would make some full cup headphones using the Backphone's speakers that I could attach my puck to. When I'm detecting around noises areas the Backphones don't block out the noise so I need full cup headphones.

tabman

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I use the Deteknix headphones with the WS4 puck.
They are very comfortable and have great sound.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.seriousdetecting.com/product/quest-hd-compatible-wireless-headphones-xp-deus-ws4-module/ [/FONT]

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I love the backphones, wired or wireless. Possible the wired have a slightly better sound but not by much, but both have great sound clarity and crispness. Even the wireless are super lightweight and both are just so comfortable I can go five hours and never even notice I have them on. Those over-the-head types make me feel like my head is in a vice after a half-hour. Add to that the low price--about $25 for the wired backphones with a volume control. I bought an extra pair just to use for other purposes.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Deteknix headphones with the WS4 puck.
They are very comfortable and have great sound.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.seriousdetecting.com/product/quest-hd-compatible-wireless-headphones-xp-deus-ws4-module/ [/FONT]

I recommend these also. Best WS4 puck compatible phones I've used, by far.

Another option, tabman, is to get the $25 headphone adapter plate that you can attach to the WS4 puck (you can get them with either 1=8" mini jack or a 1/4" phone jack and you can use the puck as a wireless receiver into which you can plug your favorite wired over the ear headphones, yet still remain untethered to the detector. Search the web for Deus WS4 headphone adapter. HTH

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend these also. Best WS4 puck compatible phones I've used, by far.

Another option, tabman, is to get the $25 headphone adapter plate that you can attach to the WS4 puck (you can get them with either 1=8" mini jack or a 1/4" phone jack and you can use the puck as a wireless receiver into which you can plug your favorite wired over the ear headphones, yet still remain untethered to the detector. Search the web for Deus WS4 headphone adapter. HTH

I personally dont like the WS4 backphones and hate headphones (big head). Yup the adapter plate setup along with wired earbuds (apple ones that came with older iPhones are fantastic). Place the WS4 with adapter in top shirt pocket and run the wires tightly up to ears and it is the best bushwacking setup I have found so far that doesn't get caught up in every bush and bramble.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone compared the audio of the WS5 to the Deteknix headphones? I didn't like the audio of WS5 and sold them, I prefer the audio of the WS4 headphones. I need full cup headphones for those times when I'm detecting at noisy sites.

tabman

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like my WS4 phones too. Really clean sound but don't cup my ear fully.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread