Read the manual

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your expert advice V. I'll get this figured out.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your expert advice V. I'll get this figured out.

I have no doubt you will. XP has not made this setting very straight forward and I appreciate the testing you did to show it affects the GB reading, not just how tracking responds to it. We all learned something from this. But I want to reiterate this is not something to lose sleep over. If you are anywhere near but below the default setting of 90 (within 10 points), the worst thing that will happen is chatter, but you shouldn't miss targets. So don't get to anxious about it.

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
V.....All this has me scratching my head now! I am running calabash's relic program full time when detecting. I turn it on, set it the GB to tracking and start swinging. I have found a decent amount of relics but am I missing a step during GBalancing that could potentially be causing me to walk over targets?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V.....All this has me scratching my head now! I am running calabash's relic program full time when detecting. I turn it on, set it the GB to tracking and start swinging. I have found a decent amount of relics but am I missing a step during GBalancing that could potentially be causing me to walk over targets?

If your soil is not highly mineralized, don't worry about it. The default setting for ground sensitvity works just fine for most situations. If you are not noticing an issue, you probably don't have an issue.

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If your soil is not highly mineralized, don't worry about it. The default setting for ground sensitvity works just fine for most situations. If you are not noticing an issue, you probably don't have an issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread