Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just picked up an XP DEUS and have been using it for about a month. Just got my first V Nickel on a well hunted park in Norman OK. :headbang: I bought it off of Ebay and the gentleman I purchased from said he did not use it other than turn it on. When received, there wasn't even a scratch on anything. Some of the items were still in unopened plastic. It was brand new. There was a slight charge on all of the devices. Nothing was fully discharged. He also included the original invoice for warranty purposes. Unit sat for about 10 months before I purchased.

I've noticed during my hunts, that by about the 4-5 hr mark, the X35 9" coil, RC and WS4 battery indicators are all showing 1 bar left on the batteries. This is on all three devices. The MI-6 battery last like the energizer bunny. Charge it once a week and its only half dis-charged by then. The DEUS manual has the batteries discharging with alot more time on them than I am certainly getting. Using mostly factory programs, not running wide open or hot.

Is there a fix to this issue or should I call XP in MA? I understand there can be issues with these batteries. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx u DEUS community.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
You might try fully charging the batteries on all of the devices and then re-loading the program V5.2x
Awhile back there was a problem with the battery level not reading right and that was a fix.
Not sure this will work for you, but worth a try.
Oh and if you have any custom programs loaded, write them down because the will be erased.

OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Thx u Huntin. I’ll give it a shot in the am.

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes just charging, and using them, and recharging will help. I've read that these types of batteries need 4 or 5 cycles to get them to maximum service...

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP DÄ“us, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes just charging, and using them, and recharging will help. I've read that these types of batteries need 4 or 5 cycles to get them to maximum service...

Lithium-based batteries only lose capacity as they are cycled. Do not cycle them in an attempt to gain capacity! Also, the lighter the cycle, the longer the life. In other words, it's better to recharge often as the batteries are used vs. using them until they are nearly dead and then recharging them.

Here's a good web site with solid information on batteries: https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
It’s getting serious use. But by the time I got home, I was charging every night. Went back and looked at the manual and knew right away something wasn’t right. I used Huntins advice and today was 4 hrs and all batts look full. Looks like repudating worked the battery issue out.

OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
I do. Once the indicator shows 1 bar left, I put it on the charger. It was that after every hunt of the last week or so, I started noticing the batteries on all 3 devices were showing 1 bar after 4-5 hrs of hunting. Looks like the re update worked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread