Question - LF Coil To X35 Coil ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Tom Slick
  • 3 Post By vferrari
  • 2 Post By jmc24

Thread: Question - LF Coil To X35 Coil ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2020
    Eastern Ohio
    XP Deus * Minelab E-Trac
    414 times
    Metal Detecting

Question - LF Coil To X35 Coil ?

Hi Guy's - A quick question ...

I've read what XP has to say about their own Coils but ...

What differences / improvements did you notice yourself when you went from a LF Coil to a X35 Coil ?

Thanks & Good Hunting !
    XP Deus * 9" LF & X35 Coils * Deteknix Headphones
    Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real * 1787 - Connecticut Copper
    1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

us
    Tom

Jul 2012
    Mesa AZ
    Minelab Equinox 800, XP ORX, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    260 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I don't think the X35 coils will be much different from the LF coil unless you change sizes. Size for size they perform about the same. If you want something different then the change from LF to HF coil is a bigger difference.
    john67 and E-Trac-Ohio like this.
    45 Years detecting
    Current Arsenal: Minelab Equinox 800, XP ORX, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/BigFoot x 3, Tesoro Tiger Shark

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7315 times
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Trac-Ohio View Post
    Hi Guy's - A quick question ...

I've read what XP has to say about their own Coils but ...

What differences / improvements did you notice yourself when you went from a LF Coil to a X35 Coil ?

Thanks & Good Hunting !
    The biggest advantage of the X35 coils is the addition of the 25 khz frequency mode. That is a game changer for relics and jewelry/gold hunting. The other advantages are more subtle - The lowest frequency., 4 khz, is now adjustable both in frequency offset and in transmit power. This enables you to boost power into the ground at the lowest frequency to provide maximum depth performance, especially for high conductors like silver. Speaking of frequency offsets, on the LF coil, if you used frequency offset, then your Tx power was locked. Now you can use frequency offsets if needed to reduce EMI without losing your ability to adjust transmit power. In high mineralized conditions, LOWERING transmit power can be advantageous to improve overall stability and performance. There are more in the weeds improvements in terms of coil manufacture and a battery upgrade. But the changes I mentioned up front are BIG DEALS and have really obsoleted the LF coils. At this point, since the X35 coils have been out nearly 2 years and the LF coil manufacturing stopped about the same time, any LF coils you might purchase used at this point have probably already used up their battery warranty. So at this point considering the comparably limited performance of the LF coils vs. the X35 coils, means I would forego the LF coils and opt for an X35 if purchasing a coil at this point. Otherwise, use your existing LF coil until it drops dead because the resale value is practically nil. HTH.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Feb 2020
    Colorado
    Minelab SDC 2300, Equinox 800/600, Vanquish 340, XP ORX, Teknetics G2+, Tek Point, Garrett Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
    54 times
    Vferrari covered it very well. My only addition to his differences/improvements is that overall the X-35 coils are quieter than the LF coils running at the same frequencies. They handle EMI better right out of the box and they handle mineralized ground better too as in much less noise at higher sensitivity. I did not get a chance to try them at a saltwater beach yet......

Jeff
    Last edited by jmc24; Today at 03:31 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    32533 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Thank you for the information!

us
    Feb 2020
    Eastern Ohio
    XP Deus * Minelab E-Trac
    414 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks for your replies on the X35 coils !

Good Hunting !
    XP Deus * 9" LF & X35 Coils * Deteknix Headphones
    Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real * 1787 - Connecticut Copper
    1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links