Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out to the lakes last few days. Having a great time. Finally. Except when that snake popped out by my leg, less than 12”. I can tell you, it’s very hard to hop out of water hip deep, but my instincts sure gave it a go. Anyway it was more scared of me and high tail....slithered it Outa there..

Beside that it dawned on me I have no fresh water program. I was using Gary B’s hot program. Got a nice 10k ring couple days ago. Posted on here and YouTube. Got it live too on video.
(Metal detecting with czkidd)
Any programs anyone would like to share for freshwater or is there a factory program that is fine?

Gary’s seemed fine and was very quiet. I hunt all the way to chest deep. Most people swim where I can still stand.

Attachments

• 7BC94524-9B41-4C6E-BB58-9F1951E92887.jpeg
    7BC94524-9B41-4C6E-BB58-9F1951E92887.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I know what you mean... trying to move when deep in the water and that snake is right there by your hip!!!
No real special programs for ya.
I run fast and tweak it as needed.
Nice looking ring... Now get out there and find some more..

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That^

The programs are kind of a misnomer. There are basically just three signal processing programs on Deus - Everything except the Deep and Gold Field programs uses the latest Deus signal processing software that best balances depth and noise. The Deep program uses an older version 2 of Deus software that they brought back in Version 4 by popular demand. It can enhance deeper, fainter target signals but with the downside of being pretty chatty. Finally there is Gold Field - which is pitch-based VCO like mode that does not use iron discrimination but instead uses an iron rejection filter to chop up ferrous signals (problem is if you are running that iron rejection filter in mineralized ground everything gets chopped up) and you can run with a threshold tone. All the other programs (Basic, GMAX, FAST, Dry Beach, Wet Beach, Hot) are all just based on the Version 4 processing software with changes in the discrimination, tone, reactivity/siencer, and frequency settings. Understand what those settings do and adjust accordingly. I also just use Deus Fast as my base program and then adjust the recovery speed (reactivity), tones, discrimination, and frequency appropriate for the conditions and targets of interest. Wet Beach just uses the beach ground balance settings to lower gb into the salt range. If you have Andy Sabisch's handbook, do a deep dive on the individual settings, understand them and then you will know how to set up the machine to your needs rather than relying on someone else's canned program that "seems" to work but without knowledge of what they put under the hood. I like Gary's instructional videos, but I am not a big fan of his programs. He tends to like to run without discrimination which is not how the Deus was designed to work. It likes to have some disc dialed in to prevent ferrous down averaging and to help the horseshoe display to work it's magic on ID ing iron for you (along with iron volume). I run with disc at 7 to 10. He is also used the mild UK soil conditions which enable him to not stray from the default GB setting. That just does not work for me in the mineralized ground in Virgninia and the surrounding areas.

For fresh water, I would just run with Deus fast with reactivity at about 2 and if you are going for gold then run at 18 khz or higher, if you are going for silver and high conductors run at 14 khz or lower. Lots of modern trash, run a lower frequency and higher reactivity (2.5 or 3) unless you are trying for gold jewelry then you will just have to dig those pull tabs at the higher frequency setting. Run 3 to 5 tones to begin with. Run full tones if you are going to run with no discrimination and you might get some idea of how the jagged aluminum gives a more distorted signal than a nice coin or ring. If you want to just dig all non-ferrous, then just run with a disc of 7 to 10, with iron volume and pitch tone set at the highest frequency and dig anything that zips and ignore the iron grunts. If you are having trouble with bottle caps run silencer up to 2 or 3 and the bottlecap tones will break up. Anyway. HTH.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Thx u F. I will look into changing it up a bit.

OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest: