XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Version 5.21 corrects battery drain problem

mafioso3

Oct 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some issue, i fixed it by opening the remote control and changed a litle capacitor

OP
OP
H

Homingpijn

Nov 29, 2018
Florida & New York
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I’m going to try the 5.21 fix first. Then the capacitor. Where did you buy it, and what is it called?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My XP Deus is about 4 years old. I updated to the newest version 5.1 I think. I’ve had battery problems since the update. I put a new battery in remote and it still dies after sitting overnight when turned off. Any ideas?

Could be your charger is no good anymore and it’s not fully charging.?

Good thought. Also, the XP cables are notorious for breaking. You need to give the new battery a good full charge. However, the issues seems to not be charging but the ability of the battery to hold the charge. Unless the new battery is defective or you introduced a short circuit during the DIY replacement, something else may be going on.

Version 5.21 corrects battery drain problem

Actually 5.21 fixes a battery drain issue associated with the headphones only, not the remote. From the XP website: "03/27/2019: – This update 5.21 corrects sleep power issues with the DEUS headphones on version 5.2. The DEUS 5.2 can sometimes place the headphones into an unwanted standby mode as they can be turned on during charging, resulting in a slow battery discharge."

I had some issue, i fixed it by opening the remote control and changed a litle capacitor

I’m going to try the 5.21 fix first. Then the capacitor. Where did you buy it, and what is it called?

Before you start replacing capacitors, etc. You really should give the US XP repair center a call. If your problem is hardware problem with the remote, then XP will fix it free of charge under the 5 year warranty (yours being only 4 years old). They have even been known to replace batteries for free even after the warranty has expired. Non-warranty battery replacement is a fairly reasonable charge for a non-DIYer and you avoid such complications as you are experiencing now. I don't know if the hardware warranty is now voided, however, since you attempted battery replacement on your own. Just a thought before you dig the soldering iron out and start replacing components, provided you are not heading down a wild goose chase. You really can't lose anything by calling.

Detector Electronics Corp.
23 Turnpike Road
Southboro, MA 01772
508-460-6244

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread