New England
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recovering Relics #53 - Relics & Bottles Along The Old Stone Wall

Hi folks,

On October 15th, I went metal detecting in my back woods along the old stone walls. I followed the stone wall from my yard into the woods where I believe was once an old cart path. Right away, I started to find some good stuff. I started off with finding an old button and what looks like a piece to a buckle. I continued hunting along the stone walls and eventually I discovered a small depression in the ground and in that area I was able to recover an old bullet, a musket ball, and an old gear. I stumbled across an old bottle dump when I got a signal with my detector. I was able to recover several old bottles, including a few from the late 1800's. The next day, I decided to go back to see what I could find. I ended up finding some more bottles. I found another ink bottle, and then I found my best bottle ever. It is an old poison bottle with embossing and a picture of a spider on the front. That bottle dates back to the late 1800's. I had a great couple of days of metal detecting and bottle digging in my back woods. Hopefully I can get back there again soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions