Any mailbox manufacturer recommendations?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We dont know where you are located, but the easiest thing will be having them cut and welded up locally. What size are your boats propeller/s? Usually they are 3-4" larger diameter than your props, since the props go inside of the front. The type of transom also dictates how they will hinge down. A full transom is easiest.

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
We dont know where you are located, but the easiest thing will be having them cut and welded up locally. What size are your boats propeller/s? Usually they are 3-4" larger diameter than your props, since the props go inside of the front. The type of transom also dictates how they will hinge down. A full transom is easiest.

Yeah sorry about that lacking info. I guess I just had Treasure Coast in my head and forgot to write it figuring that's where most of the action is with the guys here either 1715 or Jupiter.

Looks like my kitchen pass is getting approved :laughing9:so time to start checking into things...

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There used to be a place/guy who made beach scoops and I think blowers too, and he was at Wabasso on the mainland right where the road from the beach joins the hiway on the mainland. He was at the railroad tracks, East of the intersection.

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
There used to be a place/guy who made beach scoops and I think blowers too, and he was at Wabasso on the mainland right where the road from the beach joins the hiway on the mainland. He was at the railroad tracks, East of the intersection.

Yeah, they did some detector work for me back when I was sub-c'ing. Ran by a father and son, really nice guys helped us out alot. I'll have to check old notes or ask Dave, he'll remember.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ed Mathews of Treasure Coast Scoops also builds blowers but they are expensive. Port St. Lucie Machine & Welding builds them for all the pros.

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor6 said:
Ed Mathews of Treasure Coast Scoops also builds blowers but they are expensive. Port St. Lucie Machine & Welding builds them for all the pros.

Ahh yeah that's who Stevemc was talking about. We did some things with Harold and Ed back when. Real convenient when you’re running log sheets up to MFC from Ft Pierce.
We had ours made up in Ft. Pierce back then but trying to find some more sources from the pros here.
It never hurts to have options. :wink:

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
There is a local Welder/Fabricator that builds everything for my operation right here in Sebastian... If you want i can Send you his contact info...

This guy can build anything!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread