What way would you invest if money wasnt much of an issue?

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What way would you invest if money wasn't much of an issue?

You can delete this if you think it's not appropriate.

While I'm trying to get some opinions, some might think it is a veiled attempt to solicit investors. So if you want to remove this I won't be offended.

I’ll preface with, the investors I’m currently chasing aren’t short on cash. Each individual could buy all shares without thinking about it too much. But I don’t know with this type of project if less money would be more attractive.

In my ideal and original proposition I’m looking to put together a 5 year project. We all know in the first year there’s a working out the kinks time frame for a new boat and new crew. Also in a new operation the first year is front loaded with startup expenses. The remaining years are operational expenses so in my mind you get more for your money and a better chance at success on a 5 year project. Also since it is a new project the “get in” price is better than some that are currently operational.

So what I have is 1% for 5 years @ $2,529.24-$2,822.57 The range depends on the price variance of the boat acquired and blower construction cost.

Or just recently I looked at a one year shot 1% @ $449.24- $742.57 again depending on final cost of boat and blowers.

Your thoughts?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: What way would you invest if money wasn't much of an issue?

A one year shot @ $449.24 for 1%. Thats $44,924.00 for 100% for one year? Sounds kind of steep to me. You could do nothing all year and live pretty well. I worked the 1715 fleet and it only cost me $12,00 for one year. What in the world would you spend almost $45,000 on? Fuel?

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Salvor6 said:
A one year shot @ $449.24 for 1%. Thats $44,924.00 for 100% for one year? Sounds kind of steep to me. You could do nothing all year and live pretty well. I worked the 1715 fleet and it only cost me $12,00 for one year. What in the world would you spend almost $45,000 on? Fuel?

Salvor6 as stated above... Boat acquisition, blower construction, a total fit out for a new operation. In the one year scenario there is no pay for myself. I have yearly operational expenses @ $16,500 but that is with crew pay (non Captain)@ $5,000. For the 3 years when I worked the 1715 fleet as a sub-c I operated pretty inexpensive too because I lived there and had my own dock with an twin outboard operation that cost little to run.

Also there is only 75% available @ $449.24 which of course I didn't state so how would you know.
So I have fit out at approxiamtely $17,193.00 – $39,193.00 and operations @ $16,500.

I know this is the internet but as far as taking pay and not doing anything- I'm a pro. I've worked fulltime as a sub-c on the 1715 before, as in every day when the 3 M's allowed. I've been involved enough to know guys that will take investors money and not work. I know of guys that took Mel's money and "pretended they magged".

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

See ya at the meeting.

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Salvor6 said:
See ya at the meeting.

you bet!

It's crazy, I can fly in cheaper than I can drive and I'm only up in NC!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread