Farma

Nov 26, 2012
Farmington, Maine
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Tigershark & Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all
I want to try some under water detecting and don't know what to look for for a dive suit. Water around here never gets very warm in summer. I would like something I could use spring summer and fall, ice in winter so thats out. I've seen several types of suits and looking for what would serve me best. Thanks for the help.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Farma welcome to Treasurenet. You came to the right place. Could you give me some idea of the temperature range? Sounds like you need a 7.5mm full suit.

OP
OP
F

Farma

Nov 26, 2012
Farmington, Maine
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Tigershark & Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Range would be 70 down to 32 deg. F.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor6 is on the mark, I dive those temps and use a dry suit but it can be done in a full farmer john type wet suit, and for additional warmth you could get a 1/8" or 3mm hooded vest to wear under the wet suit. The good thing about using a wet suit is you don't need to have a buddy to zip you into your suit. This way you can head to the beach when ever you want to and you don't need a buddy. Just be sure if you have never dove solo before that you get the proper training and a good pony bottle.
Good luck,
ZDD

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all
I want to try some under water detecting and don't know what to look for for a dive suit. Water around here never gets very warm in summer. I would like something I could use spring summer and fall, ice in winter so thats out. I've seen several types of suits and looking for what would serve me best. Thanks for the help.

Do you know how to scuba dive? You should be worrying about that first.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
if you are diving a wetsuit in cold water I highly suggest you put the suit in warm water before putting it on, if you start out with a warm suit you will stay warmer longer because you don't have to warm the water in the first place. I put my hottest tap water on my scubapro steamer wetsuit in a 5 gallon bucket(don't forget hood,boots,gloves) and drive to the beach, use a diveskin to help donning easier and quicker. I love my scubapro steamer wetsuit.

Greywolf66

Greenie
Sep 1, 2015
Stephenson, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a military Dry suit with Argon mini tank XL. 1200.00 Bottle and lines are brand new never sued.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I would buy a membrane dry suit and you can then layer a little, some, or lots under it depending on temperature.

If you are in the water for any length of time you will be sending me gifts for this advice....ha ha

( you can normally use a hook or sticky out thing to zip you up if you have no buddy around but a front zip suit is a must for solo diving.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions