Deep Blue Marine or Deep Blue Pump and Dump?

Dec 16, 2006
San Francisco
This is my first post on this forum and I would like to say that I have been fairly interested in the Deep Blue Marine (stock symbol: DPBM) operation now underway in Woman Key Florida. Much of the information that the company has so far posted on their blog seems to summarize data that is, for the most part, inconclusive with regard to the identity and existence of a shipwreck at that Key – this is particularly true with the presentation of archaeological finds that the company has so far made public.

Beyond the archaeological issues, the discussions on the DPBM blog among the investors indicate that there is some concern over the good faith intentions of the company.

While searching for translation work on the Craigslist Barcelona website, I found this item that appears to have been posted by DPBM’s Vice President of Research, a Mr. Truman Weatherly:

Tue Nov 21
Find Phone rooms (Spain)
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-11-21, 10:29AM CET

Do you market stocks? Can you help me find phone rooms. boiler rooms etc.

We are looking for Regulation s stocks telesales. We want to sell shares thru phone rooms and telesales professionals.

We are located in the United States. You will be well paid.

Alldeepblue.com
My name is Truman Weatherly
Email: [email protected]

US 310-795-3380

I believe that this add still exists on the Barcelona Craigslist site under the category “labor gigs”, heading "find phone rooms" – my question to the treasure hunting community is how should this advertisement be interpreted as a measure of the Deep Blue Marine (DPBM) commitment to its investors and archaeological resources? Alternatively, is this Craigslist post an attempt by someone to damage the credibility of the company and the stock?

Madonna of Utrecht

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It takes money to run an operation - just ask the late Mel Fisher who constantly had to juggle money and credit around.

But in this case, the two emails seem suspicious. Why have a hotmail account and a deepblue account posted? It would be very foolish for a public company of any size to post such nonsense.

OP
OP
M
Dec 16, 2006
San Francisco
Cornelius and Darren in NC, Thank you for responding with your thoughts. Does anyone know why Barcelona would be a place where a company would post an advertisement like this?

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course they are interested in money! (Chezz Cornelius, aren't you?), That is the reason that a company goes public in the first place, to generate capitol to operate the business. It's called CAPITOLISM!, and it's how business does business. I get phone calls in my office regularly from boiler room sailsmen trying to sell me stocks in oil companies, of course they all claim that they are operating out of Chicago or New York, but you just don't know. I am sure that the cost of boiler room sales is cheaper overseas. EarthLink customer service and sales operate out of India. Go figure! Not all boiler room operations are equal
You make it sound seedy that Deep Blue Marine would use this sales technique (Hey! is that Truman leaning against the light post with all those hookers trying to get cash for his next fix!). Give me a break, telemarketing is just another legitimate sales tool that many companies use very successfully to generate capitol. I fail to see a problem with this, providing it is true, at least they are trying!
What I find interesting is that Madonna of Utrecht made this her first post just minutes after creating her rather limited profile. Most people stop and introduce themselves before attempting to cast a disparaging light on a treasure hunting company. Makes me wonder if there is not a hidden agenda working here!
Come on madonna, you have sparked my curiosity, tell us more about you and your intrest in DPBM, and treasure hunters in general? Are you a treasure hunter, or are you an out of work archaeologist? Oh, and what does Utrecht stand for? Please tell me that you are not another of the folks that join, attack, and we never hear from you again.

Welcome aboard!

Tom

OP
OP
M
Dec 16, 2006
San Francisco
Thank you WreckDiver1715 (Tom) for your response, I really don't know that much about stocks and really was (am) not sure about this procedure of using Craigslist to seek out "boiler rooms". I am not really a treasure hunter yet, at least not gold and silver treasure, I work as a draftsperson and do historical translation and research in French and Spanish, particularly the 19th-century, while I work on finishing my MA. A friend of mine at work is a staunch supporter of DPBM and got me interested also.

I am not against treasure hunters, in fact, I think that the Mel Fisher Group has paved the way for a wonderful balance between archaeology and private treasure hunting. I have read what Truman Weatherly has written on the DPBM blog and when I came across the Craigslist post, I have to admit I was surprised. I tried to place my question on this forum as a Question and not as an Attack. In fact, the language of the Craigslist post and the syntax errors seems to indicate it is not something that DPBM would have posted - but I really do not know if this is, as I said, a normal procedure for generating funds. I thought that a forum of treasure hunters familiar with the industry would be better judges.

I am very interested in maritime archaeology and history and hope to be able to continue posting on this forum. If my original title for this post is too blunt, please feel free as moderator to change it to something more appropriate.

Best Regards,
Ursula

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ursula, I apologize for comming off as blunt and sarcastic as I did towards you. Again welcome aboard TreasurNet, and I hope that you stick with us.
We have had some instances in the past, of folks using this and other Forums to try to smear legitimate individuals and companies. Starting and running any business is a difficult task, and double your level of difficulty if you are going into the business as a shipwreck searching treasure hunter.
A year or so ago we had an incident with a very respected treasure hunter in the business operating out of Canada, and had made some private investors allot of money over the years. He was on the verge of salvaging several Spanish wrecks off the coast of Cuba. Unfortunately for him he took his company public, and the stock brokers (operating in New York City (go figure)), ended up owning a percentage of the company. Well, not all brokers are honest and these guys set up a scam to bleed money from investors. They were caught, and prosecuted, and I hope that they are all still in jail, but they are most likely back in business under a different name.
As this story was unfolding, an individual came on this site, and proceeded to smear the name of of our fellow treasure hunter in Canada who, by the way, lost allot more than just his own money even though he was never charged with a thing (reputation is everything in this business). Now, we never found out if the poster was an investor who took a loss, or if he was involved with the unscrupulous brokers.
I too, have been scammed by a thieving partner in a small aircraft manufacturing business we set up in Austin Texas many years ago known as Flightworks Inc., I sued my ex-partner and won a judgement against him in Travis County Court. He did end up paying the Judgment and changed the company name to Capella Aircraft Corp., and last I heard my ex-business partner was on the lamb trying to avoid prosecution. So I am a little sensitive when it comes to the business of doing business, and the fact that there are shysters out there trying to bilk money from honest hard working folks. It's also why I refuse to take on any partners, or even investors in my search for some of the still missing galleons of the 1715 fleet.

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked Craigslist, and that post is still there. While there's no way to know who posted it, I will say this. Legitimate companies do not use boiler rooms to obtain funds. I've followed this company since their first PR, and I see many red flags. Too much hype for my liking.

P.S. Tom, you'll be happy to know that the Odyssey Explorer finally left Hull, and is on the move south. I've seen the new ship working off Spain, but not over the Sussex yet.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff, and while it would be unusual for a company to seek out a telemarketing company directly, the small markets listed in the Pink sheets may give it a try. Companies like OMR would not do that type of operation themselves, thats what they hire brokerage houses for. Like you, I have been watching DPBM for a while with, and have not yet considered adding them to my portfolio.
However, I am in with ORM for the long term, and happy to hear that they are on the move.

OP
OP
M
Dec 16, 2006
San Francisco
Thank you again WreckDiver1715 and Jeff K for your responses, I do think I have a better perspective on how this practice of using the telemarketers fits in with the needs of a salvage company. Your insights are honest and straight forward. WreckDiver1715, while I am sorry to see all the trouble you experienced, it does sound like you have had quite a few adventures. I did not think your comments were sarcastic. Cornelius, who also responded to the first post, I am very sorry to read of the loss of someone who really seems to have overcome great obstacles in order to achieve his passion, very moving. I hope you are doing OK. I seem to have some emails that I will try to answer when I get caught up on work. Take Care for Now.

Ursula

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Madonna of Utrecht said:
Thank you again WreckDiver1715 and Jeff K for your responses, I do think I have a better perspective on how this practice of using the telemarketers fits in with the needs of a salvage company. Your insights are honest and straight forward. WreckDiver1715, while I am sorry to see all the trouble you experienced, it does sound like you have had quite a few adventures. I did not think your comments were sarcastic. Cornelius, who also responded to the first post, I am very sorry to read of the loss of someone who really seems to have overcome great obstacles in order to achieve his passion, very moving. I hope you are doing OK. I seem to have some emails that I will try to answer when I get caught up on work. Take Care for Now.

Ursula

And now we are six years later. DPBM is now DPBE. They went form 50 million shares outstanding to 500 million shares outstanding by selling and selling and selling. But wait ... then they did a 1 for 5 reverse split, and starta ll over again. They went down to 100 million outstanding with the reverse, and now are close to two BILLION. And rumors are that they will need another reverse so they can sell more shares.

And the price? After that reverse, which of course moves the price up 500%? It is now ... $0.0004 per share. It could double, And STILL not be worth even a tenth of a penny per share!

I think we have our answer.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So what is the answer to the Woman Key site? Is there really a shipwreck there? The Kirby Group which holds the permit seems to think it is part of the 1622 fleet. Eight ships went down in that fleet and so far only 3 have been found. Where are the others?

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Salvor6 said:
So what is the answer to the Woman Key site? Is there really a shipwreck there? The Kirby Group which holds the permit seems to think it is part of the 1622 fleet. Eight ships went down in that fleet and so far only 3 have been found. Where are the others?

The owman key site is no longer part of DPBE's domain. They are in the DR now. And the Woman Key site? red up on the big emerald find of late. There was one emerald found in WOman Key, but the main thought is that it wasw seeded there to make things confusing. An interesting saga though. You can see much about it on the Ihub site for the stock ORRV. they are a spin off from DPBE and ran the Woman Key site for the Kirby group under a sublease for a while.

the count

Aug 3, 2011
chateau d'if
Sure would be nice to verify the status and terms of the treasure salvage leases in florida AND the DR that are related to the emeralds and/ or deep blue.....this concept was introduced to ihub and you were not in favor of it.... The leases are the foundation for the ultimate division of artifacts so
Without verification and disclosure only a fool would Invest in a Treasure project.

Keep in mind there are a few legal and regulatory and collection contingencies involving mr wilf Blum..... And IF he owns and or controls leases...
They have a significant chance of being impacted by his publicly disclosed difficulties.

This reg s business is always concerning.
Leave it at that and seems there was a lot of bad blood over the years between WB/ deep blue/ cprkq and 4 individuals that come to mind.

JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHY YOU DON'T WANT THE FACTS REGARDING THE LEASES KNOWN

Jmho

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
And somehow the system just continues to allow public operations to continue attempting to raise funding with shenanigans
of the like you are discussing here.... arh the "Age of Piracy is not over by a long shot!" argh...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread