Anyone done any diving in Fiji and Tahiti?

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
I am working on a possible trip to include Tahiti and Fiji. Sometime the resorts and dive shop allow complementary stays and diving to dive travel agents (which I once was and might do a group trip there next year). I am aiming for a Dec. 27 departure. Anyone been there, done that, in Dec-Jan, which island is best, they are many.

Diverlynn

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I've been to French Polynesia, but not in the winter. The diving was great and the atmosphere even better. My favorite islands were Rangiroa and Bora Bora...Tahiti was nice for all the touristy stuff, but I'm not really into that. I've never seen so many grey reef sharks in one place in my life, it was a really neat experience diving there. I'm sure it's nice no matter when you go...take the tours of the vanilla bean and pinapple farms...they are interesting and tasty! :D

Jason

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
I'm going May 24 till ??? FAM Trip. Here's my itinerary.

24th May – Arrive Nadi from Air Pacific gateway. Fly to Kadavu. Split into smaller groups to visit Kadavu properties.
25th May – Kadavu
26th May – Kadavu
27th May – Depart Kadavu for Nausori airport, Viti Levu . By road to Pacific Harbour . Split into groups for night at properties at Pac Harbour and Beqa Lagoon.
28th May – Dive Beqa Lagoon. PM to Coral Coast properties. Night Coral Coast .
29th May – Dive Coral Coast . PM to Dive Expo location
30th May – Fiji Dive Expo
31st May – Either depart or own arrangements (BFTE, supplementary fam trips etc)

Diverlynn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread