plans to build

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts

Attachments

• pipe and two containers with cork like tops lying on cannon tip is top between objects.jpg
    pipe and two containers with cork like tops lying on cannon tip is top between objects.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 605

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'd go with an air powered suction dredge. Many plans around here, but in it's simplest form it is a PVC pipe open at both ends, with an air tap on the lower end. As you release air into the pipe, it travels upwards pulling water and sand with it. Not sure about using it from the surface though....the top end needs to be under water for it to function properly.

Personally, I'd strap on my dive gear and take a DPV to use as a duster...not sure how I'd do it from the surface though, unless you mounted some type of blower to your ROV / Camera.

cliffscot

Oct 19, 2007
Bimini, Bahamas & Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 8-x, Garrett Sea Hunter
You can attach your camera to a bow thruster, or even use a bilge pump but when you turn them on your cameras going to move! Thus, I have played with pvc pipes cut at 5ft lengths with a female and male end, placing them together for your support. Can't go to deep and keep the pipe steady. This can help u see different things but you won't recover anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread