Hooka float ?

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
you could try using a cooler wedged in to the tube hole, it would be self contained plus have additional floating ability, and if you left the lid on it (with holes for lines and hoses) if it did get tipped over in the water you wouldn't have to dive for the batteries or compressor

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Sniffer said:
you could try using a cooler wedged in to the tube hole, it would be self contained plus have additional floating ability, and if you left the lid on it (with holes for lines and hoses) if it did get tipped over in the water you wouldn't have to dive for the batteries or compressor
Yes but ya gotta have air for it to be pumped.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
Sniffer said:
Yes but ya gotta have air for it to be pumped.

Just add an extension tube to the intake.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't want it getting to hot either, ,burn out the motor. If these weren't a problem then I think it's a good idea.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
Don't want it getting to hot either, ,burn out the motor. If these weren't a problem then I think it's a good idea.

I was thinking that you could throw in some of thous freezer packs to keep it cool or just keep the lid off mabey. ???

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
Hey Keiser, how's your car, get that fixed? How about your float, make it? Been out yet?

Hi Finderzzs,The car done whent kaput,Still havent got the float done but I've been out to an old mill site and just run the hooka from shore.We had a major flood in 2006 and the site was filled in with sand and silt pretty bad so the diggin was easy,found a bud can at over a foot deep ! :tongue3: I'm workin on it though and hope to hit some of the lakes soon.Got one lake site that's been used as a swimhole since the 1700's :thumbsup:

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
That lake site could be a nice place to hunt.

I am searching the local creek for places that look like old swimming holes as well. Good luck and keep us posted when you check it out.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shaw said:
That lake site could be a nice place to hunt.

I am searching the local creek for places that look like old swimming holes as well. Good luck and keep us posted when you check it out.

Thanks Shaw,Have you talked to any of the old timers ? I've found a few sites that way and also came across an 1898 map that had a site marked "old swimhole" :thumbsup:

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Yea a few guys but they said all they did was work!

You shouldn't go wrong with a place called the "ole swimhole"!

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shaw said:
Yea a few guys but they said all they did was work!

You shouldn't go wrong with a place called the "ole swimhole"!

Suuuure they did,Ask em were there other waterin hole was at,The one were they spent all that hard earned money. :occasion14: :D

FireRescue

Jul 28, 2007
Middle Georgia
If you know anyone who deals with large PVC pipe you can glue together a square that is 4x4 feet using 12" pipe and elbows.
I've seen this done and the guy just used big zip ties to suspend a piece of wire mesh as the floor for the compressor and battery.
i'm gonna do it when I make my Hooka rig :icon_jokercolor:

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
I've been using a two person inflatible boat. More room for your "stuff". Fins, mask, etc. It also gives it more stability with the weight of the battery in there. You could actually take 2 batteries with the 2-man raft.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
finderzzs said:
I've been using a two person inflatible boat. More room for your "stuff". Fins, mask, etc. It also gives it more stability with the weight of the battery in there. You could actually take 2 batteries with the 2-man raft.

won't the batteries rip through the bottom? I know the boats are designed to hold a couple hundred pounds but car batteries have sharp corners that might rip through

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
Ahh, guess I should have told ya I use a large Rubber Maid tub inside of it. Leave the top open for fresh air.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions