Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Shaw, I work in a machine shop and I made the manifold from a chunk of aluminum. You can make your own with a drill gun. If you need one, let me know and I will send you one. The hose came from Harbor Freight. You can get the hose fitting that goes on your reg from your local dive shop.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
scubasalvor said:
Hello Shaw, I work in a machine shop and I made the manifold from a chunk of aluminum. You can make your own with a drill gun. If you need one, let me know and I will send you one. The hose came from Harbor Freight. You can get the hose fitting that goes on your reg from your local dive shop.

Thanks for the info sub,

Shoot me a price of what it would cost you and I will send you some mula, If possible could I just get a double attachment instead of the four? My buddy that works in a machine shot has taken 4 years to cut some stainless and make some bends - I have lost faith in him on that aspect!

Thanks again and just message me with a cost.

Are those lines from Harbor working OK? Do they have any taste or contaminants in the lines? I have seen both sides of the argument on here.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
I will only be at around 10' but I need some length because my gear will be on the shore line and not a boat.

Is this it? 3/8" 50'

Attachments

• 91528.gif
    91528.gif
    66.4 KB · Views: 516

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, thats the hose and yes, it does have a plastic smell to it. But you can't notice it when breathing through your mouth. I have 50' and it seems to be long enough.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Done, Thanks again for the info and It was good talkin to ya.

Jason

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Jason,
got your check today. Thanks. I am sending your hookah kit out tomorrow morning. I have 6 more kits if anybody else is interested. PM me. They are $35 plus $5 for shipping.

Attachments

• DCP01070.JPG
    DCP01070.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 431
OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
I was actually headed to get my tank filled tomorrow it just so happens. Thanks again and I will post pictures of the rig.

Looking forward

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Transaction Complete and here is what I got complete with instructions.

Thanks again Peter and I look forward to using it here real soon. The quality of the piece looks great and sturdy, I am 100% satisfied with what I got from you.

Jason

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 398

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey thanks Jason. I aim to please. Show us a pic of your rig when you have it all hooked up. What kind of reg are you using?

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
No problem, I am waiting to find a cheaper reg than my main rig. Even an octo if I can find one. Like I said before I will never get deeper than 15' so no worries about decompression and if it fails I come up.

I have been checking craigslist but need to hit up the shop.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Got my hose in today, Actually looks like a good quality hose. Cant wait to get it all together.

abacopirate

Jan 18, 2006
Abaco, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
whites,excaliber,pulsestar2
Hi Guys. I use this type of hose from my compressor to fill lift bags and run air tools underwater but never for breathing air. Breathing air hose should asways be food grade or for breathing air. Rubber smell means there is something giveing off that smell, and also as the hose sits in the sun and heats up it gives off PCB. So use it if you want but how much is your health worth in the long run.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread