shoes

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have saw all kinds of weird shoe wear that people said made a big difference in their Dowsing…Shoes with large spikes on the bottom and kinds of other thing…I always wear comfortable shoes and it works for me…Art

OP
OP
jimmygoat

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Thanks for your reponse Art. I thought I would give dowsing a try and figured I'd get as much info as possible. It sounds like you have been at it a long time as i've read alot of your posts or comments. Hopefully they will help, I'll keep you posted. Jimmygoat

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Jimmygoat…Welcome to the most exciting hobby I have ever had…It takes a little while and a lot of practice to understand what is happening. It will be fun….I baited my rods with those little breath mints call Tic-Tac and had my wife spread the rest of the green tic-tacs on the lawn..I found them all but one…Still don’t know where it went….If you get good enough at finding precious metals they will pay for your adventures….Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey jimmygoat…I see you are posting up on the prospector forum….I used to post up there a lot but now my information is just to old to share..Art

OP
OP
jimmygoat

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Hey Art, I'm new to the tn'er game. I want my posts to be read by as many people as possible. I've been dredging since 79 and have done a little detecting too, when I have time. I'm trying to learn about dowsing as it is just another tool. Jimmygoat

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Hi guys,

unsure about shoes as such, but Abbé Mermet wrote that it was vital to have your right foot in contact with the ground when you dowsed (I presume for right-handed individuals but I'll check that. At any rate, that was written in 1937 when in Ireland, you were beaten if you were lefthanded (made to use your right) and so I can guess that authoritarian Europe of the day was no different).

Art, you often mention that, about lifting your foot and 'breaking' the circuit?

Sorry Jimmy, don't mean to stray off topic, but this 'may' be relevant.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Yes I have tested this method…..When you are standing on a signal line with the rods crossed raise a foot off the ground. The rods will open then you put the foot down they will close…When you are using a man made signal rods will just stay closed

You can also stand on the signal line and drop one rod to your side. The up rod will either turn or stay where it is…Now drop that rod down and bring the other rod back up. They both should have pointed in the same direction….You have to have both rods in your hands as this will not work with only one rod…

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread