Recently corrected... or was I?

db1guy

Greenie
Dec 24, 2010
I dowse,,, I make my own rods,handmade that is, and I dont have xray vision and cant see what Ive located , also never been to Divinity school so I couldnt even guess or"divine" how deep the find was.That said for myself,,, I was told recently that most dowsers knew what they were finding and could tell how deep the find was.OK.. that would be a plus to have that skill level,, but I want to know how accurate the observer was when the statement was made about my abilities... compared to other dowsers who use handmade equipment,,, am I a novice or what?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey db1guy…As a physical dowser this is the method I use to determine dept.

All minerals have what is referred to as a "HALO" or cone of energy that comes to the surface at a 45 degree angle from the target. To determine the depth of a target--------

1. Stand over your target with the L-rods crossed.
2. Slowly walk away from the target and the rods will open and point ahead.
3. Inch along until the rods form an inverted V with the tips about 1 !/2 inches apart and mark the spot.
4. Measure the distance back to your target. That's how deep the target is.
5. If you measured 1 foot the target is less than 1 foot deep.
To practice bury a piece of metal 2 feet deep and mark the top. From the mark measure out 2 feet and mark that spot. The rods may not be closed to a v at 2 feet. You will have to determine that yourself..Art

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
Hey, I've only ever dowsed for water, but what I was taught was when the rods cross at the location, just stamp one foot repeatedly until they uncross. The number of stamps equals the depth in feet to maximum flow.

OP
OP
D

db1guy

Greenie
Dec 24, 2010
we appreciate sharing these techniques with us,, since ive no formal training in dowsing ,, it stands to reason i could learn a lot. when sprig arrive os, i have an agenda which includes many miles of suburban tree strip or park strip , its sometimes called... simply loaded with goodies and public property too, the bigger stuff i would like to find concerns civil war era burglars/safecrackers/ counterfitters who operated in northern indiana until the long arm of the law put the touch on them, burglar loot would be coin and jewelry in glass jars,, the arresting sherriff uncovered some loot , but some remained to be found and was in the orchard garden of the family farm nearby here, this all happened around 1864-65... wish i could tell you more,,, but i want first shot ,,, dont ya know? itd be good test of depth gauging for me, with these new techniques,,, many thanks db

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread