Coronal Mass Ejection

sparkydog

Sep 28, 2008
Boulder Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites: Surf, Eagle II SL, GMT.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't want to re-ignite any adversarial discussions like we have seen on this subject in the previous year. I am however really curious what effect these sun eruptions may have on my own dowsing abilities.

On coast-to-coast last night these most recent flares were discussed as being huge and there was some discussion about the diference between the one on Jan. 19 and the one immediately following it as being different in that the first was electrons and the second protons. I am unclear as to whether the 2 events were different or if the speaker was refering to two stages of each event.

I would love to test my L-rod dowsing under these conditions but I have no Pre-concieved tests in mind to test the present conditions other than just random searching.

Without getting too technical can anyone shed light on this subject and possibly suggest a test that might show the difference theses solar events trigger? Also, does anyone feel there is any effect on metal detecting with my Whites VLF detectors at this time?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't feel much, if any adverse effects yet for dowsing. I think they are expecting for interference of electronic communications. I've noticed a few extra slow sessions on the computer last night and today, that could be why.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Yes, electronic systems would be effected the most, then electric grid systems, if it were strong enough. On the dowsing issue, I know it will affect it to some degree and it should give your dowsing a bit of a boost. Whether we want to believe it or not, the sun effects every aspect of our lives to some degree. Our dowsing abilities should be enhanced by these coronal bursts. The first one was not a spike but rather a curved, long duration burst, the second one was more of a spike. The first one was equal to an m4 flare, whereas the secod one was equal to an m7 flare. The next one could be off the scale, who knows. Good Luck. rockhound

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, just now started up my computer again. Everything is fine at the moment, is like broadband Internet should be....nice and speedy quick. I would say the electronic systems were being affected some, hope it is over with soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread