Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had a problem before with hackers, but it is the first time for me. Right after posting the first map, a hacker hit me when clicking post message for the 2nd map. Shut down my computer came back a little later to restart. It was a hacker because a screen came on telling me I needed to login, not a treasureNet page either.....tried Yahoo the screen came on, then TreasureNet again, same thing. My server doesn't put a login screen on the web browser to login to the wireless network, it will be from wireless icon down in the bottom right corner. Don't login if that happens to you, just shut down your computer.

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Red_desert,thank you ill check with her about the spots you marked
im not going to open the img,as i dont understand the hacker issue
are you saying it is linked to the img,or to Tnet,and thanks for the
heads up

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cw0909 said:
heads up
Hi cw0909,
Can you repost these images yourself? I mean without having a connection with the same pictures you got from whomever the lady is? You would have to know from her where the area is and go in and save the picture and repost it.
Thats the only way I will dowse this for ya.
I'm not into what Red_desert experienced.
Jon

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cw0909 said:
heads up
It is not from the photos, they are safe. Attempted hacking while I was using the T-Net post message button/box. This could happen at any forum. I've seen a number of posts the past couple months at gold prospecting forums about other treasure hunters getting hacked. From what I've read in the comments others made, it seems hackers look for treasure hunters likely to take trips. Once they get into an account, get their email and hijack it, they tell people to send money because something happened, making it sound like an emergency.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red_desert said:
cw0909 said:
heads up
It is not from the photos, they are safe. Attempted hacking while I was using the T-Net post message button/box. This could happen at any forum. I've seen a number of posts the past couple months at gold prospecting forums about other treasure hunters getting hacked. From what I've read in the comments others made, it seems hackers look for treasure hunters likely to take trips. Once they get into an account, get their email and hijack it, they tell people to send money because something happened, making it sound like an emergency.
Thanks for clearing this up Red_desert.
Well I'm not planning on going anywhere, except in my mind so I think posting the picture will be safe, lol.
Jon

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can add a little more info now.....it happened on my old computer which is has WXP. My new computer is a laptop running Windows 7. Most of the time here on the dowsing board I've used the old computer running WXP. I don't really know much about hackers, but they are getting more and more sophisticated at hacking. The US Gov also has in the defense arsenal some highly sophisticated hacking software. It's no longer about only missiles, bombs, and bullets.

Now, as I clicked the post reply button on the T-Net message box, the hacker's software hijacked the T-Net url in the web browser. It put up an image on the browser window similar to Windows 7 security screen which has the password login right in the center. The colors on my old computer aren't quite the same as viewed on the new laptop. So, it may look the like the colors on Windows 7 security screen. If a person wasn't paying attention and is running Windows 7, if they have protected their computer with a password, the hackers would get it. But for computer not password protected, it probably doesn't matter to the hacker. The image on the browser shows the hacker software is at work. So, if you see it, shut the browser, then shut the computer down ASAP. Even if you close the browser window, web browsers have a way of running in the background until tasks are finished. Ever close your browser, then try to open it again and get a message the browser is already runnig?

Anyway, I clicked the browser back button to get the message box again. Got it, then clicked the dowsing board link at the top of page. The hacker screen came back on again. Closed the browser, opened it again and there was the hacker screen. My default home page is Yahoo. So, clicked on Yahoo button on toolbar, here comes the hacker screen. This all happened in just a few minutes, didn't waste any time before shutting down. If they can keep you online, the hackers will get stuff from you. Once you shut, restart later, you should have lost them.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yep first it was checks and then fraudlient people writing bad checks. then credit cards and stealing your identy or credit cards now it's the computor and hacking will it ever end,but we've created it ourselves as all u have to do is call some store and they want your telephone number and put it in their computor and find out who u are and your business,what a mess.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rwd mo said:
Yep first it was checks and then fraudlient people writing bad checks. then credit cards and stealing your identy or credit cards now it's the computor and hacking will it ever end,but we've created it ourselves as all u have to do is call some store and they want your telephone number and put it in their computor and find out who u are and your business,what a mess.
I mentioned this over at the Nugget Shooters forum. Today they told me, the other day it was needed, to add a different type of security patch on the site. I was also told the attacks could have been related. Coordinated attacks, treasure hunters need to be prepared. ???

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Red_desert,thanks for clearing up the hack issue,my friend hasnt got back to me yet
teleprospector,the imgs of friends map, i saved to my puter b4 i posted,so do you
them posted again,and thanks again guys

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cw0909 said:
Red_desert,thanks for clearing up the hack issue,my friend hasnt got back to me yet
teleprospector,the imgs of friends map, i saved to my puter b4 i posted,so do you
them posted again,and thanks again guys

Hi cw0909,
I have made my copies but have'nt finished up the dowse yet. Thanks for checking with me.
Jon

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi cw0909,
Dowsing revealed in both pictures.....
White square area: Individual clad and silver coins attraction.
Blue circle area: Silver coins attraction.
Thanks for posting your pictures,
Jon

Attachments

• farm 1dowsed.jpg
    farm 1dowsed.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 464
  • farm1 adowsed.jpg
    farm1 adowsed.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 463
OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
thank you teleprospector,ill send theses to her too,i still have got out
to my site yet im hoping this wknd,thanks again

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
hi dowsers,could i get a little more help please,thank you,im trying
to get 2 areas narrowed down,so i know where im at,on the ground
im going to try and get good pics of the big rock area soon
my friend says thanks too,she hasnt found the goods yet though
she mentioned she hasnt got to the old farm much,maybe now that
it is warmer
one.jpg old house  2.jpg zoom old house.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marked all signals I got, even if just loose surface coins.

old house  2-cw0909.jpg

one-cw0909.jpg

zoom old house-cw0909.jpg

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Red_desert thank you

sorry i forgot to say in last pic with,the 2 Xs that are close,i think
that is where a tree has grown around a big rock,ill get a pic soon
and post

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi cw0909,
Dowsing revealed in all pictures....
White circle areas: An attraction to gold/silver (coins)
Thanks for posting your pictures,

Jon

cwoldhsedowsed.jpg
cwtwodowsed.jpg

cwonedowsed.jpg

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
thank you
teleprospector and okiedowser,i hope to get a pic of the tree growing around the rock this wknd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread