Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dec 2006
    337 times

could you Dowse my map please

thank you,im new to map dowsing,i hope i did the map right
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map a.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	605826  

us
    lock on

Jul 2007
    The Motor City
    L-rod / Y-rod / pendulum / angle rods / wand (bobber) White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Discovery TF900, Fisher TW-6
    29 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: could you Dowse my map please

It looks ok. Did you need the area searched under the acme mapping box? Maybe you can remove that and repost if you do. Google maps/earth does not show this box as far as I know.
    Jon
    "Let Thy Hand, Oh God, guide me through the ways Thou seest are needed for those that seek to know Thy way through any effort of mine."

Dec 2006
    337 times

Quote Originally Posted by teleprospector
    It looks ok. Did you need the area searched under the acme mapping box? Maybe you can remove that and repost if you do. Google maps/earth does not show this box as far as I know.
    Jon
    thank you,map b is with out the box,and map c is a little more area just east of
    map a and b

Name:	map b.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	605842   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map c.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	605843  

us
    Feb 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; L-Rods
    194 times

Hello cw0909, found coins where red Xs.

Name:	map b-cw0909.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	605870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map c-cw0909.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	605871  
    Treasure hunting is more than "just a hobby" for it's become my way of life.

Dec 2006
    337 times

Red_desert,thank you,this is so cool,i posted in cache,about the census,this is where
    these imgs are from,we are looking for 4-8in snow this wkdn,so it will be awhile b4
    i can check it,thank you again
    i found this dowsing thread from another post in cache,someone had mentioned to
    have my site dowsed,but i thought they meant,someone go there physically,and was
    like where would i find a dowser,i really racked my brain and keyboard over that
    these imgs are places where i thought if someone would cache something,they would
    be likely places,because of the outstanding features there thank you again

your mark on map b is near the big rock and trees
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...;attach=701890

your mark on map c,is not far from the old train tracks and trestle
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...;attach=701889

us
    Feb 2008
    Northern Indiana
    194 times

Looks like you have 2 sites maps b & c, cw0909. I checked the photo of big rock near the tree, put red X where got signals. I dowsed a map for another T-Net member once, for a large carved rock in a woods, belived to have been of either pirate or Jesuit origin. When checking out the very first marked X, the treasure hunter found a moss covered old trench shaped hole with a possible chest shape from a removed cache in the deepest corner. Dirt was thrown behind them (probably Jesuits) as hole dug toward cache location.

Name:	big trees-cw0909.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	606387  

us
    Feb 2008
    Northern Indiana
    194 times

Here is the other photo cw0909, red Xs where I get signals.

Name:	flat 2 river-cw0909.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	606388  

Dec 2006
    337 times

Red_desert wow you can dowse pic imgs too,Red_desert here are 4 more,if you would
    please and again thank you so much,im very excited,i cant wait for the thaw,and
    i hope i dont find an empty hole
    how do you figure out you can dowse,im assuming not all can do that
    i remember reading you need to know north,in the last 2 img you dowsed
    the big tree, N is right, the old trestle, N is right,not sure that makes a dif
    or not for the ones you marked,or if it makes a dif for pic imgs

north is to the right of img
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...;attach=701885
    N is to the top of img
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...;attach=701886
    N is to the right
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...;attach=701887
    north is left
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...;attach=701888

us
    Feb 2008
    Northern Indiana
    194 times

cw0909 I don't think directions matter much for map (or photo) dowsing like in motion dowsing, which is walking with the rods. If a person is standing still holding or moving the rods to scan off to the horizon, doesn't matter much either....least I don't think.

Those dowsed coins in the photos above don't seem to be right on the surface, but if just loose coins they might be rather deep for a detector. When there is a signal for more than 1 coin, plus seem deep....always a chance a signal might turn out to be a cache too.

To dowse or get started dowsing, a person must not only read up on it, you need to have the desire and set getting results as a goal. Best thing to do is give dowsing a try at home, just walk around, get a feel for what the rods can do in your hands.

Yes, I can check your new images as I get time. It has been a mild winter here, got cold last couple of days. Can't hardly wait till things warm up, when spring arrives.

us
    Feb 2008
    Northern Indiana
    194 times

cw0909, the "no trespassing" photo, red X for coins, again deep. The flat1 pic, X for coins but all seem to be loose near the surface, not deep, might be some junk or old stuff in there too.

Name:	no trespassing-cw0909.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	607008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flat 1-cw0909.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	607009  

us
    Feb 2008
    Northern Indiana
    194 times

Red Xs here all loose surface coins, green Xs archaeological type signals, at least one of them is non-metallic.

Name:	flat 1 river-cw0909.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	607014   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flat 2-cw0909.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	607015  

Dec 2006
    337 times

hi Red_desert,let me see if i have this correct,these links are the deep coins
    and the other links are loose coin,im really excited and anxious,to start looking
    thank you again,i found some pottery near one of your green Xs
    a friend wants me to post a pic/img of her grans place,to see if you can find,a
    silver ring and a gold bracelet,they have been lost awhile,at least 30yr/and 50+yr
    i told her,that you might not be able to say ring or bracelet,just that it is gold
    and silver,if she ever emails the pic/map ill post
    and thank you,for your help

deep coin
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...tml#msg3202952
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...tml#msg3205104
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...tml#msg3205115
    this is where the 2 room cab was built b4 the other house
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...tml#msg3207342

us
    Feb 2008
    Northern Indiana
    194 times

"i found some pottery near one of your green Xs"

That must have been one of the non-metallic signalss....I love dowsing for old pottery! Yes, you can have your friend post or submit photos of the area believed to be where the jewelry was lost. Should be easy to find, providing the location is correct and nobody else found it metal detecting.

The top photo with the no trespassing sign seemed deep, photo below it was all signals that seemed to be loose surface. I think the other photos were all deep. Deep, I think perhaps sometimes can be an indication of deeper older more valuable coins. A single coin often is near the surface. More than a single coin will be marked as "coins" which if marked surface, probably loose coins. If coins are deep usually check for or consider it a cache, but could also be an old cellar hole or covered by dirt in erosion wash outs (mud slides), excavation, etc.

Dec 2006
    337 times

thanks Red_desert,should i start a new thread for friends map,or just put it here
    it may be awhile she seems to be having probs, with the map captures,i think the
    area was to big for one capture,i guess it has to do with where the items were lost
    and it was a lg farm at the time,and one item was lost at one end,she thinks,and
    the other item was near the side of the farm at other end,i told her to just cap the
    whole area,and make sure there are overlaps,she says then it would,be like 5 caps
    i dont think that matters,as long as they are lg enough to see. was my advice on the
    caps correct,or should i give her dif instructions
    thanks again,cant wait to start looking at my area

us
    Feb 2008
    Northern Indiana
    194 times

Quote Originally Posted by cw0909
    thanks Red_desert,should i start a new thread for friends map,or just put it here
    it may be awhile she seems to be having probs, with the map captures,i think the
    area was to big for one capture,i guess it has to do with where the items were lost
    and it was a lg farm at the time,and one item was lost at one end,she thinks,and
    the other item was near the side of the farm at other end,i told her to just cap the
    whole area,and make sure there are overlaps,she says then it would,be like 5 caps
    i dont think that matters,as long as they are lg enough to see. was my advice on the
    caps correct,or should i give her dif instructions
    thanks again,cant wait to start looking at my area
    cw0909, a zoomed out map would be fine to start with, then to follow up the close ups when ready.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors