Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was recently told that Sam Wolf during his dowsing courses would tell everyone that gold had 44 different rays. Meaning it would send out resonant rays in all different directions while the sun moved around during the day. Has anyone else heard of this and anyone actually had any experience with it actually happening? There was an old post which show someone digging six or seven false targets and then finally finding the real target near the center of all the false targets. Will this happen with any type of cache or just gold?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing can hit all the edges of a target area or direct center. Almost like pinpointing with a 2-box detector when you come from opposite directions, mark the halfway or middle point.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~Signal line~
Abbe Mermet in his book talked about the magnetic images. They run in north and south line and east and west line so you might be able to find what some call the "cross of gold" by following the images where the two lines intersect. The problem here is sometimes these sets of eleven images (for gold) can repeat indefinitely.
Yes the strongest signals run in the north-south and east-west directions..But rings are seldom present...when the rods cross mark the spot and continue walking marking spots as you go. Now check the spots that you have marked..If the spots are repeating themselves the spots will be evenly spaced..If there is a spot that does not match the others I follow it. Sometimes a weight check will not null out the signals from rings..It’s all about learning...Where are you JR..You know about ray than I do..Art

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was told by another dowser not to worry about the images cause they are not what we are looking for. We are looking for the target and the images should not be as strong. Will these still be picked up by LRL's and MFD's also or will they cut out the false signals?

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was told by another dowser not to worry about the images cause they are not what we are looking for. We are looking for the target and the images should not be as strong. Will these still be picked up by LRL's and MFD's also or will they cut out the false signals? Art, what do you mean follow a signal until one doesn't match the rest?

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The dowser that I worked with was an Engineer. He buried a mason jar full of silver coins at a specific depth. He did test dowsing and took precise measurements. What he came up with was that the angle of the sun on the horizon would effect where the jar of coins read to be. In the morning it was off to the side, at high noon it was basically right over it, and at dusk it was on the other side. He is convinced that the spot where your dowsing shows an object to be will change throughout the day. The deeper the object the farther from the actual spot your signal will be.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Will these still be picked up by LRL's and MFD's also or will they cut out the false signals? Art, what do you mean follow a signal until one doesn't match the rest?
After you mark all the targets go back and check them..Most will be evenly spaced and there will be one that is not evenly spaced like the rest...I have many frequencies for gold..Some of them will pick up rings and others will not...Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I know a lot of people think you can only detect a target if you are a N/S or E/W line. That's false.
That is correct
Any line you are walking on and you get a hit, the target is going to be either on your left or right--that's where the polarity sensitivity on your body is very high.
No..it can be in front of you or behind you...Yo have to square your body to the line
So if you are having problems boxing in a target on N/S, E/W lines, try to walk the diagonal lines or any line that is comfortable to you.
No..that is not the way to do it...You do not try to box a target from where you first get a signal.. It may be feet from you or miles from that spot.

Expect more sensitivity if your body in between the rod and the target. That is, if you are right handed, your best sensitivity is to your left side. In other words, walk in both directions to make sure you don't miss the target. My experience says this is more important than to walk the N/S E/W lines--by a long ways.
No
T
hey are not that important. Whatever direction you walk, just look to your left or right when you get a hit. You start worrying about the damned compass degrees and guess what? You forget about the important stuff of keeping you awareness on your body response and the search area.
Wondering around is not the answer

After years of using two rods, I rarely do so now and find it's more crap to try and keep track of instead of the important stuff.
What crap are you talking about ?
When I am walking with one rod and my arm pointing out to my side I am not fixating on the rod like what happens when you have two rods trying to keep them in line.
Gee..I don’t try to keep the rods parallel...I don’t think about them until I feel them start to move.

You can say you don't think about them, but somewhere your subconscious has to do extra work. Again, this is distraction.
Sorry you can not control your subconscious..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~signal_line~
Art, I realize you do not understand what I am talking about.
Most of the time
You say you are a physical dowser but your words to not coincide.
When Dowsing I look for natural signal lines. I use no mental input at all...So...What kind of dowser am I?
Physical dowsers do not have to worry about treasures "miles away".
I don’t worry about that at all..the treasure will be wherever I locate and recover it..
And you are sounding like a true blue skeptic more every day. They are anal.
Thank you for the insult
Like a person who is possessed by evil spirits and how they react when they see a religious artifact or symbol, a skeptic goes postal when they read the name Dell Winders (I made a post yesterday on a the LRL page).
Gee..I happen to think of Dell Winders as an internet friend...Art

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope others realize what is going on here. Someone does not want this info posted. You gotta ask yourself why is that? I do not wish to dwell on other people's inabilities to understand what I have learned. I post it and you can use what you want. Maybe in a year or five or ten years you might understand what I'm talking about. Obviously some people will never learn. Are you one of them? I'll repeat something here--when you have your wife hide a target for you, it is NOT dowsing. That's more like telepathy or mind reading. That's why I say some people here I do not know if they really can dowse or not.

Early on I had my wife hide targets for me while I was learning the ropes. Later I graduated to finding lost objects for folks. I am not sure how mind reading or telepathy causes the rods to react but to me that would be an even greater accomplishment. Is that what mental dowsing is?

:icon_scratch: Funny how I have never been able to read my wife's mind about anything before....... But then I wasn't holding my rods at the time :tongue3:

Also I could care less whether anyone thinks I can dowse or not or whether it's mental or physical dowsing as long as it keeps working :icon_thumright:

GG~

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I hope others realize what is going on here. Someone does not want this info posted. You gotta ask yourself why is that? I do not wish to dwell on other people's inabilities to understand what I have learned.
That’s right Mike..I only post what works for me
I post it and you can use what you want. Maybe in a year or five or ten years you might understand what I'm talking about. Obviously some people will never learn.
That is correct...Some will never learn
Are you one of them? I'll repeat something here--when you have your wife hide a target for you, it is NOT dowsing.
It is called Dowsing practice
That's more like telepathy or mind reading.
So everybody can do that
That's why I say some people here I do not know if they really can dowse or not.
Does anyone know that for a fact?

I always work off a North-South or East-West direction...Why....Because government land is laid out that way...If I walk 1 mile North I know that I have searched 10 square miles...Yes.. there may be some small targets in that 10 square miles that I did not get a reaction too but I know if there are any big targets in that area...Sorry coyote3...
Art

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I guess that the membership will have to decide that....All you do is quote from books and I have not written one so you think I am wrong...Going treasure hunting and will be back Monday...Art

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The REASON I posted this was not to discredit anyone or anything of the sorts. The question about Sam Wolfe was simple. He DID NOT look for gold in the daytime because of this anomaly. He always looked for gold in the dark, at least this is what I have read and have been told. When looking for gold treasure, at night he had a smaller amount of distractions and false targets.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was recently told that Sam Wolf during his dowsing courses would tell everyone that gold had 44 different rays. Meaning it would send out resonant rays in all different directions while the sun moved around during the day. Has anyone else heard of this and anyone actually had any experience with it actually happening? There was an old post which show someone digging six or seven false targets and then finally finding the real target near the center of all the false targets. Will this happen with any type of cache or just gold?
All the comments here are good. Being aware of the magnetic compass directions is important but should'nt be the main focus of the dowser. In my experience, waiting until dusk, dawn or dowsing at night will help eliminate the harmonics I call them that spread out from the item beacause of the sun's energy on it. Concentrating on where the current resting place of the item is will help pinpoint it as well regardless if it's day or night.Jon

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread