Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the red circles first for metal detecting, green for archaeological.

Attachments

• b-wvwildman.png
    b-wvwildman.png
    310.4 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
W

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks very much red

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Red Desert, I mean this as totally a learning question, not a criticism or being smart-A...how are you able to dowse the photograph and make those deductions? I have seen dowsing work, just never with photographs. Thank you.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trooper733, many dowsers use the traditional way of holding a pendulum over a printed photo, then asking a question about the location of treasure or other targets. A printed photo will work much the same for dowsing as a Google Earth map. I've come up with another method, rather than dowsing over a photo/map, it is like this.-------------Print out your satellite map or photo which is to be used for locating targets. Then tape the corners of it to a spot on the wood door, pin on bulletin board, etc. (keeping it at a comfortable height). Have a marker or pen ready within reach.-------follow these steps-----1. First move your pendulum slowly across the bottom, but below the edge off your image. 2. If still no response, try again from left/right over lower part of the map or photo. 3. Any forward swinging movement should be observed. Lift pendulum higher, but vertically in line with the spot where the response started on the bottom edge area. 4. Mark intersecting point of any change of pendulum (from swinging a forward motion on vertical to a horizontal or a non-rotating left/right swing).

Attachments

• ir_satellite_dowse.jpg
    ir_satellite_dowse.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 80

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Red Desert,
Wow! That is very interesting, I think I will have to delve into this more. Good Info. Thanks!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Desert,
Wow! That is very interesting, I think I will have to delve into this more. Good Info. Thanks!
You're welcome! I try to keep my own illustrations on hand to share. Of course, once on the Internet, the material is considered published. If the info would be submitted to a book publisher, that is how they would see it. So, I feel sharing is the best way to help those who, want to give dowsing a try.

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
... Print out your satellite map or photo which is to be used for locating targets. Then tape the corners of it to a spot on the wood door, pin on bulletin board, etc. (keeping it at a comfortable height). Have a marker or pen ready within reach.-------follow these steps-----1. First move your pendulum slowly across the bottom, but below the edge off your image. 2. If still no response, try again from left/right over lower part of the map or photo. 3. Any forward swinging movement should be observed. Lift pendulum higher, but vertically in line with the spot where the response started on the bottom edge area. 4. Mark intersecting point of any change of pendulum (from swinging a forward motion on vertical to a horizontal or a non-rotating left/right swing).

Red,
Do you set your pendulum into any neutral motion, e.g. rotating, in steps # 1 and 2 and 3 prior to moving it from one edge of the map/image to the opposite edge? Or do you start with the pendulum motionless?
Thanks.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red,
Do you set your pendulum into any neutral motion, e.g. rotating, in steps # 1 and 2 and 3 prior to moving it from one edge of the map/image to the opposite edge? Or do you start with the pendulum motionless?
Thanks.
No rotation across bottom edge. For me it will swing on a hit toward the map. That is when I'll move it up vertically, until the swing goes horizontal.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello wvwildman,
Dowsing revealed an attraction to gold and silver in the areas of the white circles.
Thank you for posting your picture.
Jon
bdowsed.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread