Experimenting with L rods

blaglezz

Nov 20, 2006
I joined these forum because my interest in metal detecting. After reading the section about dowsing I made a couple of L Rods out of wire hangers, and found that they crossed at several interesting points (one of them under a heavy brass ceiling fan). Then I tried with different coins and gold rings, and they worked 100%. Now, as I read a post about "discrimination", I put on the carpet, spaced about 2 feet, one penny, one nickel, one silver dime and one gold ring. I took in my left hand another gold ring, and then the rods crossed only over the gold ring on the carpet! Repeated holding in my hand a silver dime, a nickel and a penny. The results: I only received a positive response when I was over a piece that matched what I had in my hand. At this time I wonder if it is the way it is supposed to be, or if it is only that I'm very suggestionable! I would like to read your comments on this. Thanks.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey blaglezz......Thats the way it works for me. Now put 3 dishes or bowls on the floor and have someone put the objects under them. See if they willl discriminate that way....Art

OP
OP
B

blaglezz

Nov 20, 2006
Art, thanks for your response. I will do the bowls experiment and will post results.

M

Mike(Mont)

Alot of books recommend keeping the target in plain sight for a while until you learn what it feels like to get a reaction through the rods. In the real world your chances of walking over the top of a treasure are not that good. Even once you learn the sweep technique, you won't be on the target every time. But as you walk past it the rods will react. Actually it's easier with one rod. Most failed dowsers psyche themself out, they try too hard and actually create their own stress (doubt and fear). It takes intent and will mixed with positive emotion to locate a target. That means think about something gooood. I'll leave that to you. The whole idea here is if you are thinking positive emotions there is no room for the negative, and the opposite is true also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread