Applied Self Kinesiology and devices

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Hi all,

haven't been on Tnet for a while. Some life-changing distractions.

Saw this in a recent email and thought it might be of interest to some of you. Mods, please note, one version of this IS electronic but it is not an LRL. It is not claiming that the electronics finds anything. Rather, the electronics in this case helps to give a more empirical reading for the biofeedback that is applied kinesiology. So very useful for working on oneself. But also, and this is where open-minded sceptics may be interested, it could also allow you to tap into knowledge that your body / mind has but that is not consciously available to you. e.g. many sceptics of dowsing often feel that it may be a 'reading' of maps/terrain etc by a skilled / experienced / seasoned treasurehunting mind. If so, this device, applying electronics purely to the feedback mechanism to give more accurate readings, may be an interesting device for both the sceptic dowser / sceptic treasurehunter and non-sceptic dowser.

Anyway, I think its an interesting read and videos. Not looking for a sandkicking match here. Just throwing it out there to open-minded people. Of course, you don't need any purchased gadget for applied kinesiology. You could even use one of those sprung hand exercisers. But the digital gives accuracy.

About €69.95 / €50.

Digital TruTester - Digital Kinesiology Tool

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a dowser lady who locks her fingers together like chain links (thumbs and index fingers I think) and tries to pull her hands apart. If it's a bad reading or wrong answer her finger "chain links" will break apart. I guess with anything you need to practice it several times daily for several weeks. I've used the GSR meters that have soup cans for the electrodes that you hold in each hand. I found it is easy to squeeze too hard or relax your grip and it will give a large meter deflection. Again, constant practice can alleviate some of this but it's easy to influence whatever device you have. So you need to be aware of this. This device looks nice and appears easy to use.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Applied kinesiology (AK) is a technique in alternative medicine claimed to be able to diagnose illness or choose treatment by testing muscles for strength and weakness.[SUP][1][/SUP] Current evidence does not support the use of applied kinesiology for diagnosis of any illness.[SUP][2][/SUP] Applied kinesiologists are often chiropractors, but they may also be naturopathic physicians, physicians, nurses, physical therapists, or veterinarians. According to their guidelines on allergy diagnostic testing, the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology stated there is “no evidence of diagnostic validity” of applied kinesiology,[SUP][3][/SUP] and another study has shown that as an evaluative method, AK "is no more useful than random guessing."[SUP][[/SUP]

OP
OP
An Ri Rua

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Applied kinesiology (AK) is a technique in alternative medicine claimed to be able to diagnose illness or choose treatment by testing muscles for strength and weakness.[SUP][1][/SUP] Current evidence does not support the use of applied kinesiology for diagnosis of any illness.[SUP][2][/SUP] Applied kinesiologists are often chiropractors, but they may also be naturopathic physicians, physicians, nurses, physical therapists, or veterinarians. According to their guidelines on allergy diagnostic testing, the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology stated there is “no evidence of diagnostic validity” of applied kinesiology,[SUP][3][/SUP] and another study has shown that as an evaluative method, AK "is no more useful than random guessing."[SUP][[/SUP]

Hey Art, how are you keeping? Long time no hear.

What's your point here?? I'm a bit lost. Are you saying you're sceptical of AK or am I missing something? If its to do with some beef you have with Mike, its best not done on my thread. It looks like you've lifted this from Wikipedia or some such other tome, but for what point I do not know?? I thought you said you will use whatever works to get gold. I see too many similarities and not enough differences between AK and Dowsing for you to glibly post what you have just posted? If there's another explanation, I'm all ears. I don't see the post as helpful at all. Again, maybe you overlooked my posting it because Mike had contributed. I don't know. But if I wanted a definition of something, I wouldn't come to Tnet for it Art?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the saying, "If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal. If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses." So yes, the Tru-tester is one of those thousand ways to achieve your goal. I learned to dowse with the GRS meter, I learned to feel the body response. This device no doubt can do the same thing for those who wish to learn. And contrary to the finger chain links technique this device has the numbers displayed which surely is more accurate and reliable--something I have complained about dowsing. To use this I would ask a relevant question like "Is there enough gold to make a man's ring within 100 yards of me?" Then "Is that gold in the direction I am facing?" And continue the questioning until you get with in a couple feet of the target.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I think dowsing is a simple Art….I think some people try to make it seem to be real hard to learn….If you learn what the rods are telling you nothing else is important....Art

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who is interested in this type of device I suggest you get the one that announces the reading to you. Like any of this type of work, some form of meditation is essential. I have been hearing more and more about the good effects of meditation as if it is some new discovery. I feel it is so essential you should not even bother trying to learn the dowsing if you don't make an effort to learn the meditation. It takes several weeks of twice daily practice. Sure, some people can learn it as they go but it will definitely take you much longer if you get it at all. You will likely develop bad habits if you try to go it without. There is very much how-to info available on the internet. Be smart and take advantage of it. I realize it sells more dowsing rods if the salesperson tells people they don't need it. Yes, I am speaking from personal experience. I don't know how many years you have to avoid learning it. That's the hard-headed school of hard knocks method. Obviously many people never learned to use the rods, and many others (probably the majority) deceive themselves into thinking they have learned. Everyone says don't influence the rods. After over thirty years, I still struggle with this from time to time. And I practice several times a day about 300 days a year. If you think you are immune to this, you are in denial.

Also I forgot to mentiion, the GSR meter I learned on had finger contacts. You wrapped a piece of velcro strap around two fingers to hold the contacts (a piece of silver or copper) in place. This way there is no grip pressure involved.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread