Last edited:

jcCALIF

Jun 13, 2012
Yorba Linda
Detector(s) used
TDI PRO, VX3, Surfmaster PI PRO, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospect on the north side of that bridge directly west and east. Accessibility seems easy enough, why not check it out. Happy hunting!

OP
OP
C

cayuse

Apr 3, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5, and an old Minelab that doesn't work
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, aarthrj3811, for giving it a look. I appreciate it.

OP
OP
C

cayuse

Apr 3, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jcCALIF, I'm going to do just that this Thursday. Thanks, I'll let you know what I find…if anything.

OP
OP
C

cayuse

Apr 3, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, this is what I'm looking for:

That's the Big Creek bridge on the Oregon coast in my original post.

I admit, it isn't exactly Forrest Fenn's cache, but what the heck….it's better than nothing!

I'll be there the day after tomorrow searching for it. Anyone else care to dowse it?

Thanks

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red line box (or solid filled circles) for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value.

The blue rectangles are for deep silver. Because you see a couple close together, I suspected it could be native or trace silver in the ground.

Orange markings or line box for deeper man made gold objects or pocket gold in veins. Now with a gold signal next to silver, it might be a vein. Of course some dowsers say a large cache will give a signal on both sides of it.

You won't know for sure until checking it out, but if there would be a cache, should be within the black circle area. I'd be sure to check first the smaller red rectangle area inside the larger red line box.

Attachments

• #2-cayuse.jpg
    #2-cayuse.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 101

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the video, $70 in fifty-cent pieces. So, it must be native gold with silver in the ground. I'll have to go back and check again.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the red circle first. Coin signals are around the black circle with red lines, but these probably are lost by people.

Attachments

• #2-cayuse_2.jpg
    #2-cayuse_2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 85
OP
OP
C

cayuse

Apr 3, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Desert, thank you so much. Can't wait to check it out. I appreciate the time and effort you took to dowse this.

Thanks,
Cayuse

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Desert, thank you so much. Can't wait to check it out. I appreciate the time and effort you took to dowse this.

Thanks,
Cayuse
Might be good to check that blue/orange spot for quartz float or maybe try panning it.

OP
OP
C

cayuse

Apr 3, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the Big Creek Bridge story.

I was over there Friday with a friend. There is some major repair work going on under the bridge. A huge platform was built under the bridge with all kinds of fans and ventilation stuff. Looks like they are getting ready to sand blast it or something like that. Anyway, access around the bridge is limited. I was wondering if maybe one of the workers stumbled upon it.

As far as the area within 100 yards of the bridge, that was another eye-opening surprise. From Google Earth it looks like a nice grassy area all around it. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most of it is some form of Oregon Kudzu. It's about 8 to 12 feet high and so thick you would need a machete to walk through it. About the ONLY access would be to wad up the creek. I don't think that guy did that.
On the NE corner of the bridge there is a small stand of short pine trees. It seems to me about the only place it could be, but again because of the construction you can't get to it.
The guy that put it there has given no update in 2 months.

Red_Desert, sorry, I couldn't even get to any of the places you marked. You can't believe how thick that underbrush was!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's ok.....I was thinking maybe the coins are clad, he did say they could have a trace of silver but wasn't sure about it. Normally in my coin searches, just out of habit, I'll try to eliminate or discriminate out the clad coin signals. If you think the pines could be a likely spot, by all means, go check it. When watching the video, I noticed his comment about being a "good hider" and seemed really confident the cache won't be found after a couple years. Also, he mentioned that it might not be buried, which means it can be in a tree or under a rock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread