lets see your rods!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Dowsing Rods.jpg Film Canister.GIF Job 002.jpg A few

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine are 3/32" bronze, except for hanger rods (not pictured here). For me hanger rods are more for designing prototypes. The first pair has a curved bottom end that can rest on the curve of your hand, bottom extention wrapped with thin copper wire. The 2nd pair can also rest and swivel on the bottom edge of your hand or be used upside down to map dowse large maps.

Then a small pair with a longer, thin copper wire wrapped coil, acrylic coated on the top of rod close to the bend. A larger pair with epoxy coated smaller copper coil on top near the bend. Last photo more curved styles copper wire wrapped.

Attachments

• bronze(3-32).JPG
    bronze(3-32).JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 121
  • bronze-curve-copper.JPG
    bronze-curve-copper.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 149
  • copper-coil-acrylic.JPG
    copper-coil-acrylic.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 140
  • copper-coil-bronze.JPG
    copper-coil-bronze.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More styles of my plain L-rods made from 3/32" bare bronze. Most of these pairs can be held 2 ways, normal or to swivel on the bottom part of your hand.

Attachments

• bronze-Lrods-end3.JPG
    bronze-Lrods-end3.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 117
  • bronze-Lrods-end2.JPG
    bronze-Lrods-end2.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 132
  • bronze-Lrods-end1.JPG
    bronze-Lrods-end1.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 138
  • bronze-pairs-plain.JPG
    bronze-pairs-plain.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 76
  • plain-bronze.JPG
    plain-bronze.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The 2nd pair can also rest and swivel on the bottom edge of your hand
I like 3/16 brass. They are heavy at the long end and that allows me to put to put the bottom of the handles in the crease of my hands so they will swing freely..Art

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1/8" Brass rod....baited with 18k necklace. Straw on the handle for smooth movement.

L-rod.jpg

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the rods here but earlier this year I had made my own brass rods 3/32" and they worked lousy for me then I put the copper handled ones back in my hands and right back to life and its like you guys say " what ever works "

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
A few years ago my son came home from Alaska. He told me that everything he dug was always 2 foot from where he through. I did a lot of experimenting with him that summer. The only thing that worked for him was copper handles…Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel a dowser should not only use what works best for him (or her) but also you like the type of rods used.

There is something about having copper with brass or bronze, my first rods had copper handles, adding copper wrapped coils to the newer rods (which don't have handles) seems to give them a stronger signal.

If I went to using copper handles again, might want to try a type of handle having a dowel rod insert, a few SW desert prospectors like to dowse with in the gold fields. I made an illustration of how it looks. A hole is drilled in the wood dowel rod insert until about 1/4" from the end. Copper cap on bottom of copper tube. The L-rod is a simple L shape, can be removed when packing for a trip or storage (allows you to have different length pairs for the same handles). Again, this doesn't work for everybody, especially those who want the rod metal to be in contact with the handles.

Attachments

• handles-Lrod.jpg
    handles-Lrod.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread