Dowsing

S

stefen

There is no question that dousing works locating water sources or finding subsurface pipes in the field.

Locating treasure related objects is however questionable, in the field or otherwise.

This topic of dousing pictures, maps or napkins is quite common on TreasureNet, and typically is wrought with a multitude of replies using Photoshop or other software.

Numerous colored circles and square appear sometimes with very broad or vague descriptions of what may be found.

The locations may contain hundred of square feet to hundreds of acres in overall size.

However, the exact location, depth or exact description of the supposed treasure is never mentioned.

In fact, no proof of actual findings has yet to be verified.

Furthermore, there is no scientific research supporting or indicating that pictorial or napkin-like graphics can be doused.

There is however, much posturing to the contrary.

Too many unanswered questions...:dontknow:

Last edited:

ripper1

Apr 17, 2014
greece
Primary Interest:
Other
New around here, want to give this a try.

Screenshot_2015-12-12-00-03-44-1.png Screenshot_2015-12-12-00-03-44-1.png .............

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone for yalls input, but I'm just confused as how this kind of dowsing is any different from asking a Ouija board. I can understand how dowsing with Lrods out on the field works, but remotely asking questions, who or what answers the info you find?

Hi TrueblueL.,
There is lots of info about this comparison online.
Traditionally the Ouija board has been used to contact deceased loved ones.
Traditionally the Dowsing process is used to locate lost/missing items/gain knowledge about something from the past or present.
Historically,the dowsing concept/tools are much older than the Ouija board.
I have not known anyone who has attempted to switch the use of the tools.
The Ouija board functions are provided by spirit entities of certain hierarchies and can be harmful or good depending on what you are attempting to do according to what I've read.
I have not know anyone who was harmed by using dowsing equipment in the field or map/photo dowsing.
The dowsing process begins and ends in the mind of the dowser and the dowsing tools react to electromagnetic energies between the operator and the electromagnetic fields of the real location of the items/concepts you are projecting out in your mind, a like to like attraction.
During the map/photo dowsing process a transposition of the electromagnetic energy takes place between the operator, the locations on the document and the real location in the field by reactions to the information contained (representation) on the document. The end product are the movements of the dowsing tools to complete the exercise.
That's why a lot of dowsers have many different dowsing locations amongst themselves on map/photos because we all don't think alike during the dowse.
We know that there is no physical gold/silver in the documents, so when we mentally/physically bait the instrument and conceive those images in our mind with the questions/concepts this linkup between the 3 things mentioned above completes the circuit.
I have never used a Ouija board nor do I plan to. I'm not passing judgement on the Ouija board or people who use them as we all have freewill to make choices of what tools to use.
Any tool in the hands of an incompetent person can bring harm.
The best dowsing tool is only as good as the mind behind it.
Hope this helps,
Jon

Last edited:

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks to everyone for yalls input, but I'm just confused as how this kind of dowsing is any different from asking a Ouija board. I can understand how dowsing with Lrods out on the field works, but remotely asking questions, who or what answers the info you find?

Yourself

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have been told that I am a Physical Dowsing. I use baited rods most of the time. I use no metal input at all. I keep my mind occupied with thoughts of good movies or happy events in my live. Anything that keeps me from thinking about what I am doing. Once you learn where the strong signals can be found and understand how far you can pick them up your in business. When I map dowse it is just a mental event...Art

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aart: Remember that good old song by Peter, Paul and Mary they sang years ago: “Where have all the flowers gone...?” Here is my new arrangement of it. Go ahead and add to it if you like.

----------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

Where have all the skeptics gone?
Long time passing.

Where have all the skeptic gone?
Long time ago.

Where have all the skeptics gone?
No one really knows for sure.

When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Where have all the skeptics gone?
No one really knows for sure."

I do not tell everything I know, really no way to prove it, I'm just an observer right now.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, did I MENTON THAT i SPENT 10 YEARS IN THE STUDY OF THE PARANORMAL, IT WAS INSTRUMANTAL IN CHANGING MYY CARRER FROM A MEDICAL ONE TO A PLAIn old TREASUE HUTnER - SIDES THEY TOLD ME ATER A WEEK OF PSYCHOLoGICAL TESTS THAT I WOULN'T MAKE / LIKE a good GENERAL pRACTIONER, SO I LEFT .and became a tropical tramp./

Butt in the procees I founD a case of bona-fide OME WAY telepathy, psychiic healing , dowsing, ouija board ( which use the same talents as dowsing) etc, so I know these talents exist in everyone- but at different rates.

iF YA WANNA DISCUSS THESE TALENTS ? i AM AT YOUR SERVICE FOR WHAT i OWE TO RED, AND OTHERS. IN THIS FORUM.

oK,,OK SO I TYPED IN CAPITALS,, BE DARNED IF I'LL RETYPE IT.:laughing7: BUTBI APPOLOGIZE ANDI ROMISE TO NEVER DO THAT AGAIN

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit: I think that is a default avatar.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me Red since even though I know the principals of dowsing, I lack confidence.

the last time that I tried, I gave my wife my weddnng ring to hide. I then sucessfully located it in a three dimensional pattern, 9 times,but utterly failed on the tenth try When I admitted failure she exclaimed "oh this?, I forgot to hide it" and produced it from her apron pocket. I apparently had been following her around the kitchen.

In the sierras of Mexico I would have the Indians hide my Buck knife,or part of my mules saddle, then I would find it, it impressed the Indians enough that information I was looking for,poured out.

Essentially I was looking for confirmation on the various paranormal fiields, not trying to prove anything or to impress anyone else

these are just two examples, but I lack confidence when other peoples money hangs in the balance

I was not trying to prove something to impress some one else. only myself..

You, my friend, are damned good

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
true Blue, the same principal is involved. You are using your natural powers, it is only that most have their own shibboliths on how to go about it For example you can easily recognize a certain ring in a showcase full of rings by simply using one of you many senses

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread