In need of Map dowsing

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I have a map photo that I was hoping to get read, its topo and its not very good quality so Im not sure if it can even be done but thought Id ask. I know there is gold here, I have found it in the river multiple times but in this particular area there is almost no fine gold. Its few and far between when something is found and its usually a ruff flake or nugget. I have not found a concentration anywhere, the gold that is found is very random and usually alone. Im looking for nuggets or concentrations of gold or load deposit, also there was a camp here and it is quite possible a hoard of gold could have been buried here. Particular area is known for large nuggets and seam/load deposits. With all that said im not sure how it would read for you guys but any help would be appreciated and many thanks in advance.

dowsing.jpg

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
There is gold float in the blue. The exposed gold vein should be to the right of this map. The gold may be forming a vee as it works it’s way down the mountain side...Art.
dowsing.jpg

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for your help, here is a photo that shows just to the right and I was wondering if you could locate the load you describe. Also could you draw the v shaped float deposit as you describe, Im trying to visualize it but want to be sure im understanding correctly. Thank you again so much for your help!:icon_thumleft:

dosing2.jpg

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
There is a good exposed gold vein. As the vein has weathered the gold breaks away. Then starts it’s long journey down hill. This gold will spread out along the terrain. It will also keep going deeper until it hits bedrock. The way the old timers found the vein was to take samples along a stream at 10 foot intervals. Then move up 20 foot and do it again. When it gets to a stream it becomes placer gold..Art

dosing2.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to improve the first map quality some, helped a little bit. I got 1 spot to check.

Attachments

• dowsing-Asmbandits.jpg
    dowsing-Asmbandits.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 73

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This map is a lot better.

Attachments

• dosing2-Asmbandits.jpg
    dosing2-Asmbandits.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art and Red! I'll be checking these areas out as soon as I can, Im trying to practice my dowsing ability with L rods but I dont seem to get any response with anything ive tried. Its been quite a while since I last tried but was able to locate with them prior. Maybe they need a little time under my pillow lol.. Would be nice to hit the areas you both show with rods then dig and detect but im hoping my dosing ability cooperates!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This map is a lot better.

Awesome Red thank you! I always forget your color indicators, Im guessing the red is possibly old workings or man made diggings, yellow gold and solid yellow lode possibly? What about the black and white?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White could possibly be diggings, let me give black & white from my files.....others you mentioned are correct.

White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and mine shafts, other similar type excavations (including old wells, tombs, etc.).
Black outline circle around other marked places, indicates this site is the most significant (a small solid filled circle inside another marking, pinpoints the exact location). At locations believed to have been used by bandits or outlaw gangs, indicates possible sites used by them. Black rectangle outline boxes show danger, death traps, explosive devices, bombs, or live ammunition.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
When you are dredging a stream every time you clean up look the gold over real good. The gold that has come down stream for a long distance will be flatter and smoother. The gold that has been in the water for a short time will be rougher and may still have some of the host material on it. When you no longer get any of rough cons you may want to check the material above the high water mark for gold on both sides.

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White could possibly be diggings, let me give black & white from my files.....others you mentioned are correct.

White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and mine shafts, other similar type excavations (including old wells, tombs, etc.).
Black outline circle around other marked places, indicates this site is the most significant (a small solid filled circle inside another marking, pinpoints the exact location). At locations believed to have been used by bandits or outlaw gangs, indicates possible sites used by them. Black rectangle outline boxes show danger, death traps, explosive devices, bombs, or live ammunition.

Sweet thanks again Red!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are dredging a stream every time you clean up look the gold over real good. The gold that has come down stream for a long distance will be flatter and smoother. The gold that has been in the water for a short time will be rougher and may still have some of the host material on it. When you no longer get any of rough cons you may want to check the material above the high water mark for gold on both sides.

I appreciate the input Art, this is all quite interesting input on the types of target you both have posted. I have found crystalline gold once that I know couldn't have traveled very far in the river given its condition, but have also found well traveled pieces as well. I believe and can confirm that the well traveled gold is coming from an area well up river where the river cuts through an ancient alluvial channel. While not being necessarily rich, the gold that is found in the river is larger and well traveled. The crystalline piece I found was very much the opposite and I felt must have came from nearby so everything you have said is quite supporting this in theory.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You never know what you missed. I was dredging a small creek and stopped for lunch. My dog came to me and had a flake of gold on his nose. I looked around and found where he was digging. I dug around and found some old hard pack. I spent 3 weeks in that spot hauling 5 gallon buckets to the creek. I dumped then in and then suck them into my dredge. A bad spot turned into a 3 year project. The old hard pack is beige to Tan and is very hard to work.... ...Art

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know what you missed. I was dredging a small creek and stopped for lunch. My dog came to me and had a flake of gold on his nose. I looked around and found where he was digging. I dug around and found some old hard pack. I spent 3 weeks in that spot hauling 5 gallon buckets to the creek. I dumped then in and then suck them into my dredge. A bad spot turned into a 3 year project. The old hard pack is beige to Tan and is very hard to work.... ...Art
Nice! Is your dog a gold n retriever?Jon

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried after making a pendulum today and I got the general area that ART did and very near RED. Second try on maps. I get response from yes/no questions though. Only using pic on 15 inch laptop screen. My second try ever that I remember.
Marvin

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Asmbandits,
Dowsing revealed to check the areas in the green circled areas for gold placer/pockets.
Thx for posting your map,
Jon
dosing2dowsed.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you GA boy and Teleprospector for taking time to check this out, all input is much appreciated!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you GA boy and Teleprospector for taking time to check this out, all input is much appreciated!
You're welcome Asmbandits!
Jon

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing revealed an attraction to pockets of gold in the areas of the green circles. A weak attraction to gold in the green rectangle area.
Thanks for posting your map.
Jon
dowsingAmbndtsDowsed.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread