Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello,

I was out fossil hunting last week in western Colorado country that is all sedimentary rock, and a lot of it is 150 million year old sandstone. I was photographing some fossil "burrow" and "boring" markings left in the stone from long ago, when I saw a stone slab a photograph of which is attached to this posting. There are two or three "squares" seemingly chiseled into the slab. The right angles of the squares cause me to think they are not nature made, but I dowsed the photograph and my result was the markings are natural caused. If any dowser would like to work on the photograph and tell me your result, I would be grateful. But, if you don’t want to, that’s ok too. :happysmiley:

FWIW, the location is about 1.5 miles west, up a shallow arroyo, from the "old Spanish trail", the route used by the Spanish traveling from Santa Fe to Los Angeles before the whites arrived.

Thank you.

Regards,
-C

Attachments

• SandstoneMarkings.JPG
    SandstoneMarkings.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 93

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Very interesting. I get that there is more there than the squares and the orange thing. I will work on it later..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Almost all of the squares and most of the orange are not a treasure marker. The marker is mostly under the orange. This maybe a KGC marker....Art

SandstoneMarkings.JPG

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get NO for anything on there being man made by chisel.:BangHead:
I get a no for Knights of the Golden Circle markings.:BangHead:
I get a no for any valuables on the picture.:BangHead:
Marvin
Qualifications; Beginner/rookie:laughing7:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cochetopa, good to hear from you again, it has been a long time. I've enlarged and cropped your photo for a better look.

Attachments

• SandstoneMarkings.JPG
    SandstoneMarkings.JPG
    624.7 KB · Views: 71
  • SandstoneMarkingscrop.jpg
    SandstoneMarkingscrop.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 73
  • SandstoneMarkingscrop3.jpg
    SandstoneMarkingscrop3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the enlargement Red _Desert. :icon_thumleft: I get basically the same results with the possible exception of the round dark spot.
If it is man made----I get a positive yes.:icon_scratch: For the orange color I get a vegetable response.:icon_scratch:
Marvin

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For an indepent observation, that is entirely mother natures work, 'NOT man made'. You can see the faint outline of a fourth square to the far left.. If it wern't for that would have to agree with you.. These geographic anomolies are sometiimes very difficult to interp correctly.

The one thing that still puzzles me is the small perfectly round hole,to the left of the top vertical line, I cannot Identify what could have made it, certainly not the Jesuits, they did not have the means to do so..

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People have found large rocks in the SW United States, which turned out to be an ancient tortoise shell fossil. A more ancient specimen possibly should be larger and perhaps mixed or damaged with other fossils. It might be a chunk of the huge size prehistoric tortoise, I'm thinking they found one in Greece almost the size of a Volkswagen.

Attachments

• tortoiseshellfossil.png
    tortoiseshellfossil.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
further word on that rock anomaly, just because it is not man made, there is no reason that they couldn't have used it as an identifier to a deposit,. it is just as visible as if it were deliberatly made.

I'll leave that to our excellent dowsers to determine, but don't try to find dirctions to a tresure with it.

Mind if I copy that for my collection of Anomalies.?

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The turtle shell also to Native Americans was a symbol of Mother Earth.

Turtle shells were once used for the calendar. The thirteen large squares counting full moons of the year. Moon phases were shown by 28 small squares around on the outside edge of shell. Turtle shell calendars count days of each lunar month. For this reason Turtles have a very strong connection to energies of the Earth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cochetopa

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, again,

Sorry I have not participated very much in my own post. I’ve got some ongoing family medical issues that have come up.

Thank you, Red, for my nice welcome back message. I have been practicing the craft as always, but my inclinations toward silence have gotten the better of me, I guess.

Please go ahead and take a copy of the image for your collection, Real de Tayopa, if you’d like.

When I was photographing the stone slab, the orange coloration looked to me as lichen, so I paid no special attention to it. GA_Boy, you are spot-on with your “vegetable” response in that regard, I think.

I remember no details about the round hole.

Again, thanks folks for all your help.

Sincerely,
-C

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Man made
..was simulated like the long line (which crosses all the stone) and corner broke when draw the squares

A map?
..maybe represent roads or old rooms or ??

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man made
..was simulated like the long line (which crosses all the stone) and corner broke when draw the squares

A map?
..maybe represent roads or old rooms or ??
You are probably right. In some ways it does resemble a chunk from the edge of an ancient turtle shell fossil. I also see things that don't seem natural.

Attachments

• SandstoneMarkingscropB.jpg
    SandstoneMarkingscropB.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 62

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread