Help needed for this map

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The gold will be in a low pressure area. Behind large rocks and inside bends Stand in the river and think what it would look like if the water was a lot higher. Most of the time gold will only move when the river is at flood stage. I take photo’s at the end of summer and then go back after a major storm or when it is high from the snow run off. I try to take the photos from the same spot. Then you compare the photo’s and see where the gold should be

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Yes the square area is going to be tough to get to. There is a very strong current there that pushes into two jagged rocks. My son and I swim across it, but it might could be worked during a low water flow.

Water current and 2 large jagged rocks, thanks for the explanation, as to the deep signal. I have an old GPAA dredging video made in Alaska. Those guys had rigged some type of hoist to lift or rather to push with a belt strap from cables, the large boulders out of a stream..... gold was good in the area beneath them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

msimmons

Jun 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks Art, Red and Weregolf for all of the help. I will try to move some of those rocks with a large pry bar that I have. I am going to get a hand dredge to suck around and hopfully under them and have the outlet tube run into my highbanker. This should do the trick if I can pull it off its just hard to get in there only by Kayak. I just have to get some type of hand dredge. Found one on ebay for $95 that looks pretty good it 1". I wil keep everyone posted. Thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread