kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
A good chunk of that answer is gonna be wrapped up in where you're located.

Are you looking to dig a new well? Is it for household use (potable)? For irrigation? For livestock/other animals? Is/was there an existing well? What's the required output in GPM?

It's late so I'm quite tired, but am sure there are more questions that may need to be answered.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"located" or drilled?
As KCM said,,,MANY factors.
I was a tender on IR T4 drilling rigs for years and there are MANY factors to even making sure WHERE you are going to drill has water.
I remember we were in East Berlin area doing a new well for a home owner and we were 100 yards from a very big lake.
Well,,, we went down over 700 feet,, in schist the whole way after 15 feet. He ended up with like 2 gallons a minute.
BUT
On the other hand we were in the diabase in York county and at 125 feet,,,in SOLID diabase,,,the fella hit over 50 GPM.
NEVER take the "first water",,, get down to solid rock and add 50 feet for a reservoir ,,,case n screen it,,drop your pump and you are gold.

OP
OP
D

dwolfe

Greenie
Jan 29, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
TM 800 Whites / AT Max Garrett
I just wanted to know how much does a dowser charge for locating a new water well. Planning on building a country home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dwolfe

Greenie
Jan 29, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
TM 800 Whites / AT Max Garrett
The amount charged for dowsing a water well depends on the gpm and location?

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
There are a lot of locations in the U S that you don't need a dowser for finding water, any place you put a well down you can get good drinking water.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to know what is the cost to have a water well located?

DWOLFE, you will have more luck with your question by contacting a good water well dowser. Most of them that I have read about do not charge unless there is a lot of travel expense etc.,etc. I have never been in contact with one but have had a well drilled by pump man. Look for video's on the net and you might get lucky enough to find what you are looking for there.
Good luck, :coffee2:one for me,:coffee2:one for you,:coffee2:one for the road.:icon_thumright:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Call the well drilling people in your area. Out here many of them have dowsers working for them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread