Gold Bars

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signal Line: Salvor 6, and Aquanut, are professional salvors. The Pulse star is a part of their metal detector arsenal. Thanks for good advice. Dell

Yeah, the two-meter square coil is huge.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Dell,

Thank you for the concise details. I really appreciate your words of wisdom, clearly coming from years of personal experiences. I enjoy reading ALL of your posts, because you are so REAL and down-to-earth. THANK YOU for all of your insights and contributions here at T-Net!!

My personal assessment.

The logistics of getting to the sites marked can be daunting. Only 1-3 feet of water in the waterway near the house & railroad bridge. The house is private property with a locked gate. No one lives there. Permission would have to be obtained to enter. I had permission for 2 hours then we had to leave. Most of the area is marshland and is a National wildlife refuge with no trespassing penalty signs posted. An air boat might be an option, but I doubt if it would be allowed. If caught, Treasure Hunters could face confiscation of vehicles and equipment, heavy fines, legal fees, and, or, prison.

Dowsers need to consider that the small squares marking your treasure location on the Google Earth photo, that when zoomed in cover a lot of territory to search. Too much for a metal detector in difficult terrain, hot sun, lightning storms, snakes and Mosquitoes. We need to be more specific in our locations if we are to be helpful. Thanks!

Jeff, I am afraid your sarcastic remarks only reflect your ignorance of the problems and expense Treasure Hunter/Salvors face when attempting any search and recovery project. We come to these forum seeking and sharing information and knowledge. I'm sorry you don't respect that.

Signal Line: Salvor 6, and Aquanut, are professional salvors. The Pulse star is a part of their metal detector arsenal. Thanks for good advice. Dell

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These big targets can be check from miles away with a set of dowsing rods
That is absolutely true, but only if a person is good at dowsing either short range or long range on site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Look at the Google Earth image I posted. There are no roads there. It is all wooded area and swamp.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff like I said there are others that replied to me with a PM. There is more than one site to check out. One guy said it is 15' deep. No, we will not be using sunscreen but we will use Deep Woods Off!

15 feet ? ehhhh so someone used a backhoe to "hide" a treasure they were coming back for ?

I personally would disregard this depth estimate as hogwash... Ever dug a five foot deep hole ? let alone a 15 foot deep one. > HEH.

Besides IMO... In this area you would hit water before that depth perhaps....
Besides the fact that 15 feet would have been completely unrealistic and unnecessary.
ESPECAIALLY if planning to retrieve said gold in any timely way / fashion.

ARC's general "rule of thumb" when it comes to finding things that others have buried...
Put yourself in the shoes of the person(s) who buried it.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARC, Perhaps you have never used Ground Penetrating Radar, EM, Magnetometer, Ground Resistivity, or other imaging devices in your searches and viewed the strata layers, or you would realize that 15 feet is not an unreasonable depth for large Treasure troves. Natural and man made changes have a way of concealing, or revealing the past. Yes , the water table in Florida has risen dramatically since the 1800's, along with an average overburden of 5 feet of soil, and a high water table does place many Treasures in Florida out of reach. Have you tried to metal detect and recover a coin in a flooded yard in Louisiana now covered by 5 feet of water? Think about it.

Perhaps the Treasure was placed in a well, or pot hole to hide it that has since filled in? Your logic sounds good for the present, but it does not apply to the past. Dell

Last edited:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks alligators are rich there :icon_thumleft:
Many treasures there, 8 to 10
No!! i will not post them ..very dangerous

Good luck in your quests

Last edited:

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
15 feet ? ehhhh so someone used a backhoe to "hide" a treasure they were coming back for ?

I personally would disregard this depth estimate as hogwash... Ever dug a five foot deep hole ? let alone a 15 foot deep one. > HEH.

Besides IMO... In this area you would hit water before that depth perhaps....
Besides the fact that 15 feet would have been completely unrealistic and unnecessary.
ESPECAIALLY if planning to retrieve said gold in any timely way / fashion.

ARC's general "rule of thumb" when it comes to finding things that others have buried...
Put yourself in the shoes of the person(s) who buried it.
Talk, talk, talk and more talk and no results. Fifteen feet is ridiculous. Ever think the ones who buried this stuff might have said 15 feet to discourage treasure hunters from trying to dig it up?

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, I have rarely seen any research where the person burying a Treasure has been available to tell me where , and how deep they buried the Treasure.

What results are you talking about? It was a Dowser on this forum that gave that depth for the location they provided. Do you think the Dowser purposely misled Salvor 6, so they could go to the site and dig the Treasure for themselves? Is this what you would do? If that was the intention, why bother to even give the site location?

You are right, the majority of small Treasure Troves were not buried deep. But, depending on the environment, overburden builds up, the water table rises, and sand turns to quick sand, and the Treasure sinks deeper and deeper over time. Add, floods, Earthquakes, land slides, Dust Bowl, etc, you best be prepared to dig deeper than the Treasure was originally buried. I know from lots of experience. Dell

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this is what you want, but kept getting a signal at the red which was a little higher up from Art's hit. Then something entirely different at the green.

Attachments

• Gold Bars.jpg
    Gold Bars.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 111

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, I have rarely seen any research where the person burying a Treasure has been available to tell me where , and how deep they buried the Treasure.

What results are you talking about? It was a Dowser on this forum that gave that depth for the location they provided. Do you think the Dowser purposely misled Salvor 6, so they could go to the site and dig the Treasure for themselves? Is this what you would do? If that was the intention, why bother to even give the site location?

You are right, the majority of small Treasure Troves were not buried deep. But, depending on the environment, overburden builds up, the water table rises, and sand turns to quick sand, and the Treasure sinks deeper and deeper over time. Add, floods, Earthquakes, land slides, Dust Bowl, etc, you best be prepared to dig deeper than the Treasure was originally buried. I know from lots of experience. Dell
I think once a metal box with treasure was found by men digging a well, around Key West at a depth of 14-15 ft. Also I've got 2 coins a 2 & 8 Reales from a chest found exactly 15 ft deep in New Orleans (during hotel construction). You don't hear much about deep chests being found because hardly any detectors can go deep enough and they walk right over the treasure.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread