If you want to learn dowsing

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
ignorant desperado's who have to jump in to see how deep the water is with the back alley hypnotism. Then like that TV commercial about the raccoon who ate the fowl tasting garbage tried to get the other raccoon to try it, there are some who have no business telling others to try it. It's the blind leading the blind, and they don't even tell you to Enter at your own peril.
Remember 70 - 80% of what you read on the internet is false, misleading. The phony "internet expert" is one day going to become a very derogatory term. The facts say it already is.
It seems to me that you have been reading a lot but not this board. When are you going to get to part about learning to Dowse?

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signal line, are you actively doing any map dowsing? If so, have you been successful? If you have been successful would you do a photo for me? I would need an e-mail address to send the photo. This one cannot be put on an open forum. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The odds are remote at best. You get five map dowsers, you get five different spots and none of them are right. LOL That's the nature of the psychic stuff. No, I don't practice map dowsing (of course I've done some over the years) and the idea of sending someone on a wild goose chase, a snipe hunt, is just not appealing to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion, this whole map dowsing thing is a good way to get into trouble. Somebody map dowses a jewelry cache somewhere out in the countryside. What's the odds it's burglary loot? You get caught with that and the police will laugh in your face as they arrest you. Any locating for that matter.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a radionics box in 1981. it had a skin galvanometer (measures skin resistance) and a bunch of dials and an antenna. Yeah, I found gold with it but it wasn't easy. But the main point here is how long it takes to get settled down--about TWENTY MINUTES before the meter would quit bouncing around. Some days that thing would just go crazy! Just could not keep it from pegging the meter in both directions. Of course the idea is to get the meter to settle down then watch for a quick spike.

And if you've done ANY reading on this you know the phrase "KNOW THYSELF". They didn't say "Pretend to know thyself" or "Stick your head in the sand". The idea of ignorance is bliss can only go so far! It reaches the point of self delusion or self B.S. This is where the f-word comes in--starts with "f " and ends with "ck"--that dirty word feedback. Practice with a test target every day. I spin around with my eyes and ears covered then toss the test target, spin around a bit more so I don't get any reference point. Then locate it or at least mark your lines so you can see where you went right and where you went wrong. Put it this way, guessing if you got it right or wrong without getting any feedback is about as phony as you can get. And that's what's happening around here. Might as well throw a coin into the wishing well or wish on a falling star. Hardly can even call that dowsing, sort of like the joke on the bathroom wall "No job is done until the paperwork is finished". You know, everyone is getting cheated.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up "yoga breathing" if you want to get started. Most books I've read say don't expect results for eight weeks of twice daily 20 or 30 minutes each. Christopher Hills says if you can't do it 30 minutes twice a day, don't bother and don't deceive yourself. Use a timer and never cut yourself short cause you "don't feel like it". And don't fall for anyone's B.S. that they "don't need it". That's arrogant, and over confident. In hang gliding you die. Around here, it's just some poor S.O.B. who takes the bait, hook, line and sinker, has to pay for the mistakes and loses faith. Say what you want but I know that's wrong and I start to question whether this whole forum page is bogus with that exact intent. Take away the B.S. and there's not much left.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's common sense to me to hide the target yourself. If you let someone you are close to hide it, there is an emotional link with the person and it is not easy to detach from that. So what happens is the person starts thinking "Now where would they hide it?" I don't know if you understand but this is NOT DOWSING. Remember what I said about staying out of it? Well ,this one is a blatant error.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The idea of ignorance is bliss can only go so far! It reaches the point of self delusion or self B.S. This is where the f-word comes in--starts with "f " and ends with "ck"--that dirty word feedback. Practice with a test target every day. I spin around with my eyes and ears covered then toss the test target, spin around a bit more so I don't get any reference point. Then locate it or at least mark your lines so you can see where you went right and where you went wrong. Put it this way, guessing if you got it right or wrong without getting any feedback is about as phony as you can get. And that's what's happening around here. Might as well throw a coin into the wishing well or wish on a falling star. Hardly can even call that dowsing, sort of like the joke on the bathroom wall "No job is done until the paperwork is finished". You know, everyone is getting cheated.

It is best to practice with known targets while you program yourselves.

It's common sense to me to hide the target yourself. If you let someone you are close to hide it, there is an emotional link with the person and it is not easy to detach from that. So what happens is the person starts thinking "Now where would they hide it?" I don't know if you understand but this is NOT DOWSING. Remember what I said about staying out of it? Well ,this one is a blatant error.
To me it is not error but a way to learn what you can do.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's probably at least a thousand ways to dowse. I've read of people using a pair of pliers for a rod, and another one a guy holds a crowbar over his head and feels it get heavy or light. Reading tea leaves is another and I have joked about reading the toilet paper. LOL

There's another one, the keep cutting it in half method. To each their own, but this one has the major flaw when once you cut it in half, if you made the wrong "decision" or "choice" then you will never find it in what you have left. The first mistake you make, you're screwed. I call it the "Never reverse a Custer decision" dowsing technique. LOL It might not seem like a big deal because ever "decision" has 50-50 chance of being right, but the way odds work is they are multiplied at each point. You cut it ten times and the odds are astronomical against you. You'll do better reading the toilet paper than falling for a SKEPTIC HOAX! LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only are the odds stacked against you, there is no way of knowing which step you f'ed up. Yeah, some SKEPTIC came up with this HOAX for the mathematically challenged. Bad enough making one decision.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SIGNAL LINE, You continue to belittle my intelligence. I don't read the books that you do so I am not influenced by what you read.

As a Treasure Hunter, with many years of practical field experience I am certainly smart enough not to waste my time and money on a tool which does not work in the field and what you lecture has no merit.

I have numerous on site witnesses, and photographic documentation that Map, photo, and Information Dowsing, has proven over and over to be an invaluable research tool in my searches.

Dell

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL, signal line, it sounds to me like you are only muttering to yourself. If you REALLY do not actively map dowse, why waste time on the dowsing forum?
Not that I really care what you do but re-read the first 14 words. I could get thrown off I suppose but I have no idea how the mods put up with your cuss words on an open forum. If I am wrong mods, I apologize ahead of time.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, read the books on Remote Viewing and see the devastation it took on the participants. Dell knows some psychic that went off the deep end. I came close myself. I have every right to caution people. So why do you read if you don't like to hear it? Maybe there's just a tidbit here or there, huh? No, it's blatantly obvious I don't possess the social graces. Get over it. They say the cops end up acting like the criminals. It hardens a person.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I heard Dell got kicked off the forum so who is this? BTW, I still have more respect for Dell than anybody around here does. Saying that will get me kicked off here faster than anything. LOL

One thing I have learned about skeptics over the past twenty years, they have the control freak thing bad. "They shall wail and gnash their teeth outside the gates."

So why would anyone want to suppress what info I am putting out?

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After thinking about it for a bit, my deepest suspicions have been pretty much confirmed. It goes way back to Marc Austin. I'm getting the f out of here and I suggest others do the same. I'm not ever going to say "I told you so."

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Yeah, read the books on Remote Viewing and see the devastation it took on the participants
One thing I have learned about skeptics over the past twenty years, they have the control freak thing bad. "They shall wail and gnash their teeth outside the gates."
So why would anyone want to suppress what info I am putting out?
SIGNAL LINE, You continue to belittle my intelligence. I don't read the books that you do so I am not influenced by what you read.
Gee Mike. Everyone knows what a negative veiw has on Dowsers. Looks like all your methods have failed

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Marc. Get over it. Don't take it to the grave. Forgiveness is a hard lesson to learn but it sure makes life easier in the long run.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After thinking about it for a bit, my deepest suspicions have been pretty much confirmed. It goes way back to Marc Austin. I'm getting the f out of here and I suggest others do the same. I'm not ever going to say "I told you so."

BYE BYE S. L.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I have come down pretty hard on all this psychic stuff. The Ouija Board must have hurt some feelings but it's the truth and last I checked THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT.Or was that the Hokey Pokey? LOL Gotta be tough if you want it. No whining. That's a dead give-away some people are not fully confident it. Yeah, like shooting ducks in a barrel.

Since I'm on the free advice trip, I like the line of a Sheryl Crow song "It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you have." Anyone here not thankful for every breath they take is really missing out on life. Pretty much means you are dwelling on the negative. Everyone has infinite potential. That "infinite" word is a big one. Peace to you.

Like the Dylan song:

No reason to get excited, the thief, he kindly spoke,
There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate
Let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hi Marc. Get over it. Don't take it to the grave. Forgiveness is a hard lesson to learn but it sure makes life easier in the long run.
Marc sold this web site many years ago. Yes Marc told use how he had used an Ouija Board to find treasure. We discussed it. It just goes to show us that that there is always another way to skin a cat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread