An unusual dowsing find.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I took my metal detector and dowsing rods and went into the mountains to do some dowsing and metal detecting to see what I could find. As I went by one spot I pulled over, got out of my truck, pulled out my dowsing rods and scanned over an area that went down into a gully. The distance to the other side of the gully from my parking spot on the highway was about 75 yards. Because of the sage brush and all, I could not see into the gully. Starting my dowsing scan from the south west to the easterly direction, as I swung to the south easterly direction, my rods crossed. I visually marked the area against the hill that my rods pointed to and went into the gully. To my surprise, there at the very bottom of the gully, unseen from the highway above from any direction or angle was a rusting hood of a car. Nothing else was there. Just goes to show that dowsing works.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you check to see what else might be there?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you check to see what else might be there?
Yes. It was the strangest thing. There that hood was, down in a gully and nothing else.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. It was the strangest thing. There that hood was, down in a gully and nothing else.
My first thought was Wow! I'll bet they were sure surprised when it blew off the car! Were there any creases or anything pointing to the latch not being hooked & it blew off?

I hope you thought about taking it home to make a snow sled for the kids or grandkids........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread