D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had joined the Roadrunners prospecting club in Arizona. At one of the claims over by Vulture mtn, it was riddled with holes and little mini mines on the hills. I could see that everywhere there was some diggings some quartz was extracted. It wasn't veins but spots of Gold ore that had been extracted many years before. No holes were deeper than 2 feet deep and 5 foot wide, and no mine was deeper than 10 feet. Everything was shallow, and found it looked. I pulled out my dowsing rods, set my Gold signal down and dowsed a circle around it. I had one line that was quite strong, so I chased (followed) it. It led me to 1 foot away from a hole that had been dug. Whatever ore they had extracted only one spot got missed, and I dowsed it.
The only problem was that the target I just dowsed was 20 ft. onto the neighboring claim. I sure wonder how valuable the ore they had dug was. I would have loved to dig and see.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing a Gold bar treasure spot listed in the Treasure Atlas, I had chased a Gold signal line 10 miles to a dry lake, Rogers lake, Flagstaff. Az
The target was on State land bordering private land, full of cows grazing. Surprised that the treasure was still there, being well documented. I needed to be sure that it was the Gold bars I was signaling from a distance, so I used Mercury to check the Gold line. And sure enough, both Elements were on the same line in the same target. Confirming that unrefined Gold bars are sunk into the clay at the bottom of a dry lake. Still there

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing a Gold bar treasure spot listed in the Treasure Atlas, I had chased a Gold signal line 10 miles to a dry lake, Rogers lake, Flagstaff. Az
The target was on State land bordering private land, full of cows grazing. Surprised that the treasure was still there, being well documented. I needed to be sure that it was the Gold bars I was signaling from a distance, so I used Mercury to check the Gold line. And sure enough, both Elements were on the same line in the same target. Confirming that unrefined Gold bars are sunk into the clay at the bottom of a dry lake. Still there

The last time I was there was 12 years ago, it could have been recovered.
Any map Dowsers that would like to check, bring up a map on Rogers lake, near Flagstaff, Az, and I will see if you can mark where I Dowsed.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've chased 100's of Meteorite signals, and have messed up in the past by not checking for multiple Elements on the same line.
I had gotten ahold of a truck tire rim, using the quantity Aluminum to signal further. At the end of Salt mine road, near the Verde river I had a strong line heading back out the way I drove in. Thinking I was Dowsing Aluminum I chased the signal line 5 miles. It led me to the salt mine, hence Salt mine road. After further checking I found that I was Dowsing Dolomite, which was in the Limestone next to the salt. It wasn't Aluminum that I was signaling with the rim. I was signaling Magnesium ore. The tire rim was made of Magnesium and Aluminum. Even though I thought I was chasing an Aluminum target, I wasn't. I was chasing a Magnesium target. What you signal with is what connects back. It's doesn't matter what Element your thinking of. Science not spiritual

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did plenty of practice Dowsing Gems. I mostly tested Diamonds. At first I used Graphite or Carbon to signal with, because it was cheap, and using a large signal Element seemed to be best. I taped 3 Carbon filter tubes together so the would fit in a 5 gallon bucket. I would use the Carbon to Dowse my 1/32 carot Diamond I kept in a fingernail jar. I would throw the jar over my head behind me as far as I could, at night. Using my Carbon to create the Dowsable connection line, I would close my eyes, keeping them closed the whole time, and follow the line, crossing over back and forth in an S pattern, feeling the Dowsing rods cross every time i would cross again, until I got to the end. And I would find the jar / diamond with my bare feet. Yes Diamonds are Dowsable. So off to Arkansas Diamond mine I went.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did plenty of practice Dowsing Gems. I mostly tested Diamonds. At first I used Graphite or Carbon to signal with, because it was cheap, and using a large signal Element seemed to be best. I taped 3 Carbon filter tubes together so the would fit in a 5 gallon bucket. I would use the Carbon to Dowse my 1/32 carot Diamond I kept in a fingernail jar. I would throw the jar over my head behind me as far as I could, at night. Using my Carbon to create the Dowsable connection line, I would close my eyes, keeping them closed the whole time, and follow the line, crossing over back and forth in an S pattern, feeling the Dowsing rods cross every time i would cross again, until I got to the end. And I would find the jar / diamond with my bare feet. Yes Diamonds are Dowsable. So off to Arkansas Diamond mine I went.

Now that I was positive that I could Dowse Diamonds, I had little time but headed to Arkansas Diamond mine, from Northern Michigan. With my girlfriend along we got there and after setting up camp went out into the plowed diamond ground. The first circle around my bucket, with the Carbon signal in it revealed 7 lines. I was excited. I had already figured out what phantom signals were, and this was the right ground for them. But I knew some of those lines were Diamonds.
I decided to start on one side of the field instead of the middle and headed toward the shade. It was 90 out with high humidity. I located one strong line close to where I set up, and found it to be solid and not a surface phantom signal. I never checked the depth, just started digging, and digging. I had only got 2 ft. and the heat was too much, because the Sun moved out of the shade onto my dig spot. I decided to move toward another target back in the shade. After moving I kept signaling back toward my previous dig spot. I was still signaling that diamond nicely and was regretting being forced away. After a lunch break I resumed Dowsing for another gem. It didn't take long to realize that Dowsing was no longer working. No longer signaling targets, nor my previous target, we went back to camp. I ran tests with my Silver, trying to figure out what was wrong. Dowsing was no longer working, frustrated I left. At home I figured what had happened. Dowsing power wasn't constant, that's when I learned. I wish I could have stayed until it came back in, but I never made it back.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I was positive that I could Dowse Diamonds, I had little time but headed to Arkansas Diamond mine, from Northern Michigan. With my girlfriend along we got there and after setting up camp went out into the plowed diamond ground. The first circle around my bucket, with the Carbon signal in it revealed 7 lines. I was excited. I had already figured out what phantom signals were, and this was the right ground for them. But I knew some of those lines were Diamonds.
I decided to start on one side of the field instead of the middle and headed toward the shade. It was 90 out with high humidity. I located one strong line close to where I set up, and found it to be solid and not a surface phantom signal. I never checked the depth, just started digging, and digging. I had only got 2 ft. and the heat was too much, because the Sun moved out of the shade onto my dig spot. I decided to move toward another target back in the shade. After moving I kept signaling back toward my previous dig spot. I was still signaling that diamond nicely and was regretting being forced away. After a lunch break I resumed Dowsing for another gem. It didn't take long to realize that Dowsing was no longer working. No longer signaling targets, nor my previous target, we went back to camp. I ran tests with my Silver, trying to figure out what was wrong. Dowsing was no longer working, frustrated I left. At home I figured what had happened. Dowsing power wasn't constant, that's when I learned. I wish I could have stayed until it came back in, but I never made it back.

I no longer use Carbon or Graphite, I found that Diamond dust signals better. Just fill up a fingernail jar , preferably not one made of crystal, that Dowses also.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to drive 2 miles, get out, toss my Gold signal on the ground, Dowse a quick circle checking for lines, then drive ahead. 2 miles was my normal distance because that was the minimum size target I was searching for. If it didn't signal a mile I wasn't concerned.
Once while driving a mountain road, I picked up a Gold line ahead. Affter a couple curves I stopped before a spot that there was a couple cars parked. Just a wooden sign, no building. Old Stage Stop, the sign wrote. I could tell by Dowsing the Gold signal and other Elements, it wasn't a Meteorite, and it was behind the stage stop about 50 yards back into some boulders. Either Gold coins, or a Gold ore sample someone had stashed, waiting for the stage. I didn't want an audience, decided to return another day. I did return again, to find more people standing around enjoying the scenery, so I left again. I returned to Az in March, bringing my Metal detector along, in case dowsing was too weak. Heading down the road I thought it was on, it wasn't. For years I planned to return and retrieve it, and I misplaced the road. It's still there, as far as I know.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Dowsed a Silver signal from shore, out to South Manitue island, lake Michigan. From shore i knew it was on the South side of the island, and the island was 7 miles away. I knew it wasn't a Meteorite, and if there was Gold with it, the quantity wasn't enough to signal back as far as the Silver. Most likely Spanish Silver, or Silver stashed from the fire. I scheduled a ferry ride, to retrieve the treasure. I took lots of water and had to be back at the ferry that eve. It was a very hit sunny day, and I crossed sand dunes while getting to the South shore. The signal was weak, and I kept having to wait for a stronger pulse, to confirm my direction. Once on the South shore i had to head west along it. Power got worse, and I was now walking along a steep dune, running aways along the shore. I list track of the signal because of bad power, missed the ferry, and determined that i had walked 11 miles that day. Treasure is still there, as far as I know.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 100 gram Iron Meteorite, and have used that to learn about different Elements, and perfect my Dowsing skills. Because of the multitude if different Elements in a meteorite, you need to signal each Element separately. If you don't have at least 4 elements on the same line your chasing, it might be an earth's rock. Earth rocks rarely have more than 4 elements, when meteorites have many. If it has 4, it usually has more. I would use Iron, nickel, Iridium, Ytterium, Silver, Gold, Aluminum, Copper, and they have a lot of Platinum in them, with Carbon and cobalt also. Many elements I use, and I didn't Dowse Magnesium in then yet.
It is hard to believe myself as to the lack of recovery of meteorites, because I have chased hundreds of signals, and been in top of hundreds if meteorites. The first biggest problem is the depths. The earth has been around a long time, and Meteorites are mostly below the ground, to deep. I've located huge ones, easily in the tonnage size, and few strewn fields that were also too deep. Many many single lone ones. Here in Michigan mostly glacier carried. I've dug on some trying to recover. They are everywhere, but it takes time to get one close to the surface.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 100 gram Iron Meteorite, and have used that to learn about different Elements, and perfect my Dowsing skills. Because of the multitude if different Elements in a meteorite, you need to signal each Element separately. If you don't have at least 4 elements on the same line your chasing, it might be an earth's rock. Earth rocks rarely have more than 4 elements, when meteorites have many. If it has 4, it usually has more. I would use Iron, nickel, Iridium, Ytterium, Silver, Gold, Aluminum, Copper, and they have a lot of Platinum in them, with Carbon and cobalt also. Many elements I use, and I didn't Dowse Magnesium in then yet.
It is hard to believe myself as to the lack of recovery of meteorites, because I have chased hundreds of signals, and been in top of hundreds if meteorites. The first biggest problem is the depths. The earth has been around a long time, and Meteorites are mostly below the ground, to deep. I've located huge ones, easily in the tonnage size, and few strewn fields that were also too deep. Many many single lone ones. Here in Michigan mostly glacier carried. I've dug on some trying to recover. They are everywhere, but it takes time to get one close to the surface.

Meteorites are valuable, and just another treasure I Dowse for.
While driving and dowsing state land I found a strong meteorite line I got out and followed 200 yards to a meteorite creator hidden in the woody hills. I is about 15 feet wide, and about 6 ft deep. The meteorite is in there about 6 feet below the bottom of the crater. Out if the middle of the crater is growing 2 large maple trees 14 inch trunks. Yes, little meteorites or prices Dowse about 6ft down around the rim. I'm not sure exactly how big this meteorite is, but it's the biggest I've located in Michigan.. To bad it's unretrievable, still there.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first Gold signal I chased led me to a little 1 car garage. Triangulation confirmed it. I was told the story by my orchard buddy whose family had been neighbors from the beginning. The first settlers in the area. The garage was built in the 60's, but the house and farm started in the late 1800's. The owner fell out of the loft and broke his neck, he was 90 years old. The barn used to stand where the garage was built. He must had something stashed in the barn cellar that no one knew about. Still there

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first Gold signal I chased led me to a little 1 car garage. Triangulation confirmed it. I was told the story by my orchard buddy whose family had been neighbors from the beginning. The first settlers in the area. The garage was built in the 60's, but the house and farm started in the late 1800's. The owner fell out of the loft and broke his neck, he was 90 years old. The barn used to stand where the garage was built. He must had something stashed in the barn cellar that no one knew about. Still there

I approached the new owner to make a deal, telling him that Gold is on his property, he turned me down, saying he would find it himself. What he doesn't know is that it's under the concrete slab under his garage. The garage is built on the higher ground level the house is on, but it's lower on one side. A person could dig in from the low side. Still there

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up on the Mogollon rim, near Flagstaff, Az. While visiting a friend that was deer hunting near Turkey creek overlooking Sycamore canyon, I Dowsed the Elements, and had a distant Silver target. From the rim of the canyon, I triangulated the signal the best I could, and determined it was about 2 miles up the canyon heading N. Sycamore canyon has a lot of wilderness area, with few spots to get down to the bottom. It was a strong Silver signal, with no other Elements, that I tried. The spot I was at was one of the few spots you could get down. All the history treasure legends write about a lost Spanish Silver mine in Sycamore canyon. It would be a two day adventure, and being wilderness area, does make it a little dangerous. Some day I hope to return, and see what Silver was signaling back, Spanish Silver mine, or undiscovered Silver ore.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up on the Mogollon rim, near Flagstaff, Az. While visiting a friend that was deer hunting near Turkey creek overlooking Sycamore canyon, I Dowsed the Elements, and had a distant Silver target. From the rim of the canyon, I triangulated the signal the best I could, and determined it was about 2 miles up the canyon heading N. Sycamore canyon has a lot of wilderness area, with few spots to get down to the bottom. It was a strong Silver signal, with no other Elements, that I tried. The spot I was at was one of the few spots you could get down. All the history treasure legends write about a lost Spanish Silver mine in Sycamore canyon. It would be a two day adventure, and being wilderness area, does make it a little dangerous. Some day I hope to return, and see what Silver was signaling back, Spanish Silver mine, or undiscovered Silver ore.

I met 2 map Dowsers, and we compared Dowsing techniques and tooling. They both used a single noodle rod for the initial signal on the map, then would pinpoint the target with pendulum. They had been Dowsing a location on the map, they believed was the Spanish Silver mine, Sycamore canyon. I had to move back to Michigan and missed the expedition on horse. I heard second hand that they found the mine, recovered artifacts, along with 3 Jade statues, and one was sold on the black market for $80.000. I wasn't involved, but I wonder if I would feel right about it. Being a Dowser with the ability to locate such treasures, illegal treasures are more abundant than legal ones. You have to find it first, then hope you can keep it.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I made some copper dowsing rods one day and they actually worked. I couldn't hardly believe it but they actually turned in my hands and led me to my water jugs behind my truck haha. It was pretty amazing if you ask me. I've always been a skeptic until I tried it for myself. Now if I can use it to help my gold prospecting! Haha
I haven't tried it with gold yet but it definitely reacted to the water.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made some copper dowsing rods one day and they actually worked. I couldn't hardly believe it but they actually turned in my hands and led me to my water jugs behind my truck haha. It was pretty amazing if you ask me. I've always been a skeptic until I tried it for myself. Now if I can use it to help my gold prospecting! Haha
I haven't tried it with gold yet but it definitely reacted to the water.

If you can Dowse water, you can Dowse Gold. I would use a bottle of water to signal with. I Dowsed septic tanks, distant swimming pools and lakes, and underground water sources.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on one of my road trips in Az, Dowsing every 2 miles. I would usually just check Gold, because Meteorites had Gold also. I picked up a Gold signal ahead, and drove till I was 90 degrees to to target. It was down in a flat valley, about a 400yds out. All by its self was a lava blob. A single little black lava mound. It was too hot to chase after, so I planned to return. It's a stand alone Gold signal.
Is it the lava that's carring the Gold, or has somebody used the black blob for reference, to something Gold hidden there.
I have held a cone shaped plug, found by a metal detector. It was shot out of a volcano, and was around 60% gold and the rest lava mixed. Still there, and I forgot the road. Gotta try to find it in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread