The "Bishop Method" for Depth Determination

G

gudfruit7

After doing some research on ways to determine target depth with L-rods I found a water dowsing website that mentioned a method used by water dowsers called the "Bishop Method". Its very simple. You first locate a target. Then standing above the target you say (or think) something along the lines of "Show me when I have walked a distance away from the target that is equal to the targets depth." and then begin slowly walking away from the target in any direction that will not cause you to walk over any other located targets. When the rods cross, you have walked the distance that is equal to the targets depth. I am getting a result from this method that is identical to the depth indicated by my pendulum and by simply standing over my target with the L-rods while going through the questioning process of elimination (Is the target below me deeper that 3 feet? 4 feet? 5 feet? and so on...).

This method would seem to lower the chances that you would get a result that was somehow just a pigment of your imagination. Especially if you are not someone who is very good at accurately eyeballing distances to the inch.

Has anyone had any success accurately determining target depth with this method?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions