V Rod for Dowsing Side of Hole

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bobber/depth style rods are much better for that. Usually the tension material is too stiff to notice a reading on V/Y rod held vertically.

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Bobber/depth style rods are much better for that. Usually the tension material is too stiff to notice a reading on V/Y rod held vertically.

That makes sense. Thanks for that info. I already ordered a nice V rod and will try it anyway. After making an attempt I'll get back to you with the final result.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, just pivot around 360 degrees and when you are facing in the direction of the target you will get a response from a distance. "V" or "Y" rods work great in windy conditions.

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No, just pivot around 360 degrees and when you are facing in the direction of the target you will get a response from a distance. "V" or "Y" rods work great in windy conditions.

Excellent news, thanks. Looking forward to putting them to good use.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the target is distant, you can raise your arms up until you get a response. Then you can judge how far the target is by how high you had to lift your arms.

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If the target is distant, you can raise your arms up until you get a response. Then you can judge how far the target is by how high you had to lift your arms.

The target should be less than 15 ft from the side of my hole. I'm only interested in learning its exact depth so I can tunnel over to the object without digging another hole.

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I could not find a bobber dowsing rod on Amazon or anywhere else that is within my price range. I tried to make one myself with a car antenna but its too stiff.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Using one that close to a target is iffy. They're great for distance not so much for depth. As light as that rod is it might work as bobber though.

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Using one that close to a target is iffy. They're great for distance not so much for depth. As light as that rod is it might work as bobber though.

Oh wow... I hadn't thought of that possibility. You're right. I'll have to put it to the test.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's much info on "Y" rods here. (Darke found this one, for free, but I've been recommending this book from many years.) You don't need to download--you can read it for free on line.

"V" or "Y" rods are very simple to operate. Just walk over the area and when it pulls down or up you are over the exact spot. Then reset and walk away until you get another response. That distance is the depth.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/248999983/DivinersBiblepdf-pdf

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used this type with the handles. Not sure how well it will work. Normally you want flex in your grip so it is spring-loaded. But cheap enough to try it.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing--hold your thumbs on the rod ends.

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Excellent info and advice signal_line I appreciate it very much. Thanks also for the reading material.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have use them for years,when you get a target line ,look down that line and see something at a distant tree,rock,then move over 30 feet and shoot it again,now see where this line cross's the first line........then hold the Y rod back on the target but this time hold it lose ,if the target is pushing back in your face leave it,minerals, if its slowing pulling into the target go check it out. when you get to the target use it like you pointing ,but only hold one side of Y rod ,this will let it bob up and down...... i would play with a target on the ground tell you get use to it, put you some gold on the ground and silver 10 are 20 feet apart ,load the Y- rod with gold and swing it on the gold line, you will notice that it pulling down into the gold,then (without) loading it with silver put it over on the silver line and you notice its pushing back into your face telling you its not GOLD. test with the Y-Rod and learn what the signal line are picking up ,in other words sleep with it,get good with it test,test.then go hunt for your treasure,most people gets a dowsing rod and think they are ready to hunt,they find trash and give up,..............learn what the signal are on your rod before you hunt for treasure. good luck.

OP
OP
M

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have use them for years,when you get a target line ,look down that line and see something at a distant tree,rock,then move over 30 feet and shoot it again,now see where this line cross's the first line........then hold the Y rod back on the target but this time hold it lose ,if the target is pushing back in your face leave it,minerals, if its slowing pulling into the target go check it out. when you get to the target use it like you pointing ,but only hold one side of Y rod ,this will let it bob up and down...... i would play with a target on the ground tell you get use to it, put you some gold on the ground and silver 10 are 20 feet apart ,load the Y- rod with gold and swing it on the gold line, you will notice that it pulling down into the gold,then (without) loading it with silver put it over on the silver line and you notice its pushing back into your face telling you its not GOLD. test with the Y-Rod and learn what the signal line are picking up ,in other words sleep with it,get good with it test,test.then go hunt for your treasure,most people gets a dowsing rod and think they are ready to hunt,they find trash and give up,..............learn what the signal are on your rod before you hunt for treasure. good luck.

Sounds like an extremely versatile dowsing instrument. Really looking forward to using it. I'll come back with my results. Actually I'm using it as another means to check a target I've already located. It should be a good test. Thanks for sharing what you've learned over years of testing.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are welcome..................as i said on here before gold are silver are difference signal once they are buried in the ground, that when the trouble begin,force field,magnetic field,images..............best way to learn is buried you a gold and silver target and check them every month and see what happen to the 4 lines,then you can figure out where the treasure is without hitting images. good luck.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real title of the Scribd book is "Supersensonics" by Christopher Hills. One thing you might have noticed is no L-rods anywhere in that 600+ pages. Louis Turenne did a lot of work with the "Y" and "V" rods. He made some out of piano wire with a coil at the end. There are some diagrams in the book on these. He later abandoned the coils for magnets. You can see some photos they were compass needles. Also there are lists of the different polarities of elements. Some cause the rod to pull down, others cause it to lift up depending on how you have the magnets situated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread