Dowsing Question by Newbie

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever put that term to dowsing was not a dowser.

I don't recall if it was Verne Cameron but Bill Cox wrote about the L-rod being an extension of the senses. I like to describe it similar to a truck driver thumping his tires with a tire iron to check the tire pressure. Same with the L-rod. At close range during a sweep as the rod hits the target field it bounces off it.

Evidence? There's no evidence that will ever convince a hard-core like like you, Sam. Like a kid who starts a fight claiming he's going to prove something to the other guy when really he is trying to prove it to himself. You got some money you want to invest, we'll talk.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL For those who don't believe in Astrology, read the generic one for my sign for today.

horoscope.jpg

Last edited:

Groves

Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Various LRLs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evidence? There's no evidence that will ever convince a hard-core like like you, Sam. Like a kid who starts a fight claiming he's going to prove something to the other guy when really he is trying to prove it to himself. You got some money you want to invest, we'll talk.

Well, I didn't think you had any evidence for your claims and assertions - but I thought it only appropriate that I would ask. I mean after all these years, I was hoping that perhaps you just might have stumbled onto some repeatable way to demonstrate your methods and practice were not totally as a result of your own ideomotor response. Sorry to hear your locating talents are stuck in the 19th Century along with Abbe Mermet. :(

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Well I'm not braggin' babe so don't put me down
But I've got the fastest set of wheels in town
When something comes up to me he don't even try
Cause if it had a set of wings, man, I know she could fly
She's my little Deuce Coupe, you don't know what i got."

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Put it in God's hands and be a real rude person, laughable signal. The way you act towards me and post this stuff is a joke. Anyone interested I have a larger list of books from the past on this topic. Those books were written by real experts. Holding just one rod using one hand! What did that free up the other to do?

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe Signal knew that old man in Laurel across from the park on the west end of town. He made rods and sold them. He would hold them and ask them to point to various things and places and they would swing and point in the correct direction. Said he found a cache of gold coins in a rock wall. Also found a missing person who was murdered, course that made him a suspect, so he quit doing those good deeds. There are some out there who can do the stuff, but generally they don't spend their time on the internet. Signal you say you been on this site a long time, I been gone for a decade and a half, do you remember my old name? This is going to be real funny when I tell.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put it in God's hands and be a real rude person, laughable signal. The way you act towards me and post this stuff is a joke. Anyone interested I have a larger list of books from the past on this topic. Those books were written by real experts. Holding just one rod using one hand! What did that free up the other to do?

Yeah, well, I know what i know. They say the height of ignorance is "Those who don't know what they don't know." You want to study about using one rod, look up Fran Nixon or her student, Judy Jacka. But probably way over your head.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe Signal knew that old man in Laurel across from the park on the west end of town. He made rods and sold them. He would hold them and ask them to point to various things and places and they would swing and point in the correct direction. Said he found a cache of gold coins in a rock wall. Also found a missing person who was murdered, course that made him a suspect, so he quit doing those good deeds. There are some out there who can do the stuff, but generally they don't spend their time on the internet. Signal you say you been on this site a long time, I been gone for a decade and a half, do you remember my old name? This is going to be real funny when I tell.
Think i know who you are talking about if he's still alive. I'll tell you something funny later.

Yeah, my memory ain't as good as it used to be, but of course I remember what a shyster you are. i also know people in the club were grumbling about your rehashed fables.

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
You just told me where you hang out, that's using your head.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people call it Divining (God is love. Other's like Einstein said the universe is friendly. Louis Armstrong sang "What a wonderful world.) some call it witching or "black magic". Sure has the connotation of evil. I ain't here to prey on the naive.

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Ain't many left to grumble in the club anymore is there? Tom wanted to go on site but wasn't invited, made him pretty bitter. He would ask me if it was where he once hunted, I told him Tom I wasn't with you back then. His mind was showing signs of going a year prior to his death.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sam, idiomotor has nothing to do with the Galvanic Skin Response meter (GSR) moving now does it?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think my post just got hijacked !!

You got enough info, just got to study and practice, learn meditation and get daily feedback. Also the Hills' book is a lifetime of work there.

There will always be what i call it the "Cain and Abel" syndrome. Find joy in your learning--the next 25 years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You got enough info, just got to study and practice, learn meditation and get daily feedback. Also the Hills' book is a lifetime of work there.

There will always be what i call it the "Cain and Abel" syndrome. Find joy in your learning--the next 25 years.

Thanks that would make me 103 years old

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reality check here: Chances of a five-year-old becoming a top map dowser are slim. Chances of someone your age are slim to none. That doesn't mean you can't learn some basics, but it requires near total dedication--practice, study, work on learning meditation, feedback, every day. I've been at this forty years. A person can deceive him/herself, but they can't B.S. the universe. There are no short cuts, but things like a GSR galvanic skin response can speed up the process of learning to recognize the dowsing response.

N

NinjaT

Reality check here: Chances of a five-year-old becoming a top map dowser are slim. Chances of someone your age are slim to none. That doesn't mean you can't learn some basics, but it requires near total dedication--practice, study, work on learning meditation, feedback, every day. I've been at this forty years. A person can deceive him/herself, but they can't B.S. the universe. There are no short cuts, but things like a GSR galvanic skin response can speed up the process of learning to recognize the dowsing response.

Signal, have to disagree with you here but of course I could be wrong. My belief is that dowsing is really just a state of mind. If you can "get in the zone" then you can do it. Some people may never find that zone no matter what. Some just need to tune their perspective. Others may naturally operate in the required state of mind and can start dowsing accurately right away. Then I think some are actually chosen by the Divine to have the capability no matter what.

Either way, don't you think its overly pessimistic to say all hope is lost for this guy? Just because you have found it to be such a challenge does not mean it will be even remotely as challenging for Buckshotnc. After all the reading and even based on some of the information you have posted here, I know you must agree.

OP
OP
B

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Sorry, guess I'm a late bloomer, however not interested in map dowsing or anything that would require daily devotion other than to God is out of the question for me. However on the ground with L rods I'm pretty good at water and electrical.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That psychic stuff is so unreliable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread