The start of Solar cycle 25

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to sell my dowsing rod from back in the day.

it's a gooder.

any takers?

Dowser.JPG

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the one Bob Fitzgerald sells. Is it Darnell or BB?

Last edited:

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the one Bob Fitzgerald sells. Is it Darnell or BB?

I looked it over carefully and could not find a makers name or mark.

I've had people ask if it was for sale a few times over the years.

I bought it in about 1996.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to sell my dowsing rod from back in the day.

it's a gooder.

any takers?

View attachment 1787459
That is a Don Darnell rod., I was in two of his classes and he got ticked off because someone called it a dowsing rod.
He let folks know in a hurry and in a loud voice that his rods were mineral rods. He also said that dowsing will cause arthritis. He had another rod which had the radioactive stuff in it and it was selling for $6000.00.
Yep, six thousand.
San Man, yours is made of brass -- I bought one that was of copper. Copper was cheaper but did the same.
What price is yours? P M is okay.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a photo of the Dar-Nel. The main chamber is bigger than this one. I wasn't able to get a link but it's on the Long Range Locators page Feb. 2013 They said he made many different models.

Last edited:

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a Don Darnell rod., I was in two of his classes and he got ticked off because someone called it a dowsing rod.
He let folks know in a hurry and in a loud voice that his rods were mineral rods. He also said that dowsing will cause arthritis. He had another rod which had the radioactive stuff in it and it was selling for $6000.00.
Yep, six thousand.
San Man, yours is made of brass -- I bought one that was of copper. Copper was cheaper but did the same.
What price is yours? P M is okay.

I have seen Bob Fitzgerald units that have the same appearance,....
but, the chambers were black plastic.

I like this unit, and it has been used in the field with success.

It needs cleaning, and I have to find the little box of tips for the front chamber.

Not sure about cleaning it, it works, I wouldn't want to turn it into a wall hanger.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe some collector would give you something for it. Or try the on-line auction sites. If I was you, I'd just keep it. Every rod I've sold I wish I had it back.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, a lot of scalpers out there who won't give you what you want for it. You'll hate yourself when they rip you off.

I don't know how well you can use it. I like to "get personal" with a rod. It's like writing your signature--you impart your personality into the rod. i don't know if that makes any sense to you. But that's what you want to work towards.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
l like rods just under 13", like 12 7/8".
Interesting, I think that is about the length originally started out with, then shortened most of them a little more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread