Making Dowsing Rods

Digum

Jul 24, 2008
Art I think the rods crossing directly over each other as in your pictures will work better for me. I looked at your pics and saw the target was at your heel. For me, when turning 90 degrees each time all the way around, the crossed rods remained over the target. So I guess it would put the target midway between and a few inches ahead of my toes. I'm going to bury some silver. This should tell whether I'm right about having control of my rods. If they're not where I want them, then I'll have to do some retraining.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
As long as you know where the target is and the spot to mark it. Remember that you have to know that your hands and arms are in the same place every time. Now you need to know how deep the target is. When the rod are closed walk away from the target slowly. With a surface target or one less than a foot deep the rods will open and close in the first foot. On a target buried 3 feet deep the rods will open and as you walk away they will begin to close again. AS I inch along when my rods close to a vee almost 1 inch from the tips touching is where I stop. At this point my target will be buried the distance that I have moved. If you bury a target 2 feet deep and put a marker two feet from it you should be able to determine where your rods are when you reach this point…..Art

M

Mike(Mont)

Digum, I'll try to explain this once more. Rod length should be a personal preference only. If you decide it has to be a certain length, you are imposing limits on your dowsing. If there was an exact size for dowsing rods, everyone would be using that length (or nearly so), but they are not. It's whatever you are comfortable with. I've read books about picky dowsers who claim you should never touch the right rod with your left hand and visa versa, or that you have to hold them a certain way or they have to be pointed on both ends, etc. Sometimes certain things may help you overcome a probelm you have, but it's YOUR problem and the rod is only acting as a crutch in that instance. Now don't get me wrong, a proper rod is a wonderful tool. Remember it is a wave guide for YOUR thought energy. It is an extension of YOUR senses. It's not a magic wand. Don't fall into the superstition trap. Thar's an hypnosis and you don't want your imagination controlling your dowsing. It's easier to get hypnotized by a pendulum, but the rods can do it, too. Yes, you can achieve heightened sensitivity under hypnosis, but that's not the same as meditation. When meditating, you always remain calm and your imagination never runs wild, not so with hypnosis.

I suggest you hide a target for practice so you know what it feels like when you close in on it. Try rubbing your hands together and feel the sensation. It's fine to use a visual target for the first few times, but if you get to the point where you are using your eyes to locate it, you are not dowsing. You are not using the dowsing side of your brain. Try to feel it in your skin, usually the left palm is very sensitive.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I've read books about picky dowsers who claim you should never touch the right rod with your left hand and visa versa,

A metallic pendulum attached by a wire will take on the charge of the hand it is being held by. A pendulum held by a nonconductive string will take on the charge of the last hand which held the pendulum. The pendulum when rotating above an object of a similar charge will continue to rotate and eventually swing back and forth perpendicular to the object. This pendulum when rotating above an object of the opposite charge will start to swing back and forth parallel to the object being dowsed. Caution here when dowsing an object you have touched the object will usually take on the charge of the last hand that touched it. This can be demonstrated by dowsing over an object such as a table knife depending on which hand touched the knife last an opposite reaction of the dowsing device will be seen.

Give this a try. I have found that I can also transfer the charge to a piece of paper. The people that I have tested (friends and family) it works for about 50 % of them. I have to be real careful when map dowsing and keep my left hand away from the map. …Art

Digum

Jul 24, 2008
Do you ever have these days? I woke up this morning with a very slight headache over both eyes. Probably sinus. I slept terrible last night. I decided to practice with my rods after breakfast. I have rod sets that are 12", 15", and 18", and are all brass. I also have the single 9 1/2" steel rod that I use for driving. Yesterday, my favorite rods, the 18" could do no wrong with silver coins on the ground. The other sets worked so/so. I didn't even pick up the single driving rod. Today the three brass rod sets may as well not exist. I've tried every set of brass rods, using swivel handles and without, and the only rod that works for me is the single steel 9 1/2" driving rod without a swivel handle. This happened a couple weeks ago. I couldn't get a set of brass rods to respond consistantly for two days and when I picked up the single 9 1/2" steel rod I couldn't make it fail. So my "theory" of retraining myself and retraining and using only 18" rods to work my way has already hit a big snag.

M

Mike(Mont)

Sometimes the magnetic rods work better. Welcome to the world of dowsing. Just when you think you got it all figured out, things change. Be humble.

Sometimes the magnetic materials cause false hits, especially towards iron or water, at least for me. I don't know how close you are to the hurricane, but it can cause the rods to go dead.. The positive ions can travel a long ways ahead of any weather front, usually a couple days ahead.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Physics are incorporated in field searches when the Rods are permitted to react freely on their own to a stronger earth "field" that concentrates in varying degrees of strength around anomalies, or the related "field" of a Harmonic signal line, generated between "like" anomalies

In my experience with students, intertwining the two methods without learning, practicing and understanding the difference is a major cause for confusion, and inaccuracy in the field use of the Rod(s) The accurate interpretation of the reactions of the hand held Rod(s) is different between the "Physics" use of the Rod(s),(detecting the emanating "Fields", of anomalies) and the Meta-Physics, use of mentally dowsing with the Rod(s).

Very well said Dell…It is hard to explain how the earth fields can be used vs the mind control of the rods. The mind has to be trained to use either of these options. In Physical dowsing you have to train your mind not to respond until it finds one of these energy fields.
I use physical dowsing to locate most everything. About the only use I have for Mental Dowsing is when locating caves or tunnels. My guess would be that a void in the earth does not produce a energy field that can be picked up by the rods.

Good to hear from you and yes I am keeping Old Sam busy….Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've noticed that when I smear my dowsing rods in peanut putter and roll them in flour, I seem to find bakeries left and right. My brain senses the "pastry field," as I like to call it. But every time I try this it seems like I have to stop dowsing and have lunch. Weird, huh? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Dell……I have been doing ok with finding caves or tunnels and following them. I have even been able to determine the size of them. There is still a lot of unknowns with caves and tunnels as I don’t like to enter them, so until I overcome this fear I will have to take the word of others as to the size of them….Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread