Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger,
Would that be consiered a "golden trout"? Lovely looking pictures and gold, thank you for sharing as every share gives some hope for a new adventure ......63bkpkr

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 63,no I beleive he was a little Rainbow.I did work a stream in Montana that did have Goldens though,extremely beutiful fish!!!We used to eat em for dinner and not knowing then how rare they are I wish I would have taken some pics of them!!!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone else think its funny that he has pictures of gold and a Golden Trout happens to be watching?
Seems like a lucky fish to me. ;)

Awesome pics. :)

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys,I really became attached to that little guy,his was about the size of my pinky when I started(I know it was him because he would always hang right back at the left side of my head,and dart in when the goody's would come up)he was there everyday,and I got to watch him grow....but we kill fish??

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
kuger said:
Thanks Steve!How have you been??Here is one of my "buddies",from last year.

I just read from the dept. of fish and wildlife that fish will never go around or near dredge operations. Kruger is that a photo crop . Or did SOMEBODY alter data to pass their point( remember the helmet laws and how people admitted to providing misrepresented data) or maybe I am too old?

Joe Dirt

Sep 22, 2012
Silvertown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Sun Ray DX-1 Probe, Vintage late 70's Radio Shack junker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good & cool pix... Before reading the replies I also was sure there was a coin below the gold in pic #3, that sure is a coin lookin rock without doubt!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunatly I lost many of my picture files of this years underwater pics,but here are a couple.Note the blue clay,in my area it comes in pockets,is cemented to the max and ALWAYS hold gold.I am finding nuggets this year that are very similar to each other and others I have found in the past....broke of of each other.Wheres the rest?!!!!

Kuger

These deposits of Blue Lead, did the existing stream flow over and ancient riverbed, or was this clay washed down my mother nature, or perhaps some hydraulic operations of the past. Thanks in advance...

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waldo,you have to be kidding?I know your not though unfortunatly........they just cant do anything without bolf face lies.I have had fish up to 10 lbs....as John would say,"Righteous"!!Wakes ya up when when them "bumps",into ya!!
Yea,Joe,it does!!This was the first season since I can remember,I never found one coin!
O.V,that particular spot .........I am not sure...its an odd assemblege of geology,right down from a major teitiery River channel.Above that is the nastiest clay/sludge,that has the consistency of pudding,and has to be cut with the water jet like jello....I have no clue what that is.
I dont know of any where nearby where we can "follow",the lead though.I have heard of some places North of here but dont know

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:
OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea,when I encounter it its spotty,sometimes feet long,sometimes yards long,sometimes just a pocket.It thick creamy stuuf too,that really compacts.You have to blast the hell out of it with the water jet,before sucking it up to liberate the gold.The other clay I drool when I encounter....have only found it twice is graphitic schist,it staines your hands black and is like ink in the water,but filthy rich everytime....the gold is often "stained",black too

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Kuger

I have never experienced this material, but have read and seen videos of guys prospecting it. When dry it is incredibly dense and hard, correct???They used blast it out of hillsides with dynamite or powder before it could be washed. I know you said you have to blast it with high pressure water to loosen it up. Being the inquisitive SOB that I am, how can this stuff be deposited in spots???? maybe a ancient bed only partially exposed, blasted out of a hydraulic pit somewhere above. I am interested in only the generality, not any specific areas. Thanks in advance....

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read from the dept. of fish and wildlife that fish will never go around or near dredge operations. Kruger is that a photo crop . Or did SOMEBODY alter data to pass their point( remember the helmet laws and how people admitted to providing misrepresented data) or maybe I am too old?
There's a video or three on utube of fish swimming around the dredge discharge and down in the hole.

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Fish and Game propaganda is getting real old. Fish not only will visit a dredge site, they'll move in. Every day dredging I've had fish pecking at my legs for any food they can find. Behind the dredge, the fish line up to eat, just like fish in the wild sit below a stretch of rapids waiting for the food to come down stream. When I would take a break, the fish would crowd the hole trying to find the food that got kicked up. At times, the fish would get so aggressive, they would be right next to the nozzle not wanting to wait for it to come down the sluice. Fish love dredging operations!!!

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger

I have never experienced this material, but have read and seen videos of guys prospecting it. When dry it is incredibly dense and hard, correct???They used blast it out of hillsides with dynamite or powder before it could be washed. I know you said you have to blast it with high pressure water to loosen it up. Being the inquisitive SOB that I am, how can this stuff be deposited in spots???? maybe a ancient bed only partially exposed, blasted out of a hydraulic pit somewhere above. I am interested in only the generality, not any specific areas. Thanks in advance....

I have often wondered that my self O.V.......I dont have the answer?The one spot (where this pic was taken)was actually on the outside edge of the channel,it may have came back further down stream,but I never got to go look.The other place that comes to mind,where I have encountered a good amount was just downstream from a major Hydraulic operation...mucho mercury!What was odd about that was that there was never mercury in the Blue clay so that would tell me it was virgin

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the reply Kuger, it would appear from your description that it my have traveled....

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hay Kuger ,. Man, you've been digg'n up a few old threads here of late ,...good to read 'em again !!
You know ,. I posted a pic & wee story of by buddys 3.1 oz. nug. ...? ..I believe in one of your threads ,. The thread started out about you try'n to sell a large nug for one your buddys ,. ?? and/or ??,Stickman had a thread about the same time , ..titled "The ill effects of gold" I do believe??
hope this helps ,...Blindpig

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mr. Pig!!Yea,been reminiscing!!Its really starting to draw on me not being able to work my past spots.Oregon treated me well this year but the time and $$ it takes to get there,and then the split with the claim holder is "trying"!

Yes,my buddies nugget was 2 lbs,and he did finally sell it.I will see if I can dig up that thread

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread