jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished my Highbanker. Built this grizzly on top of a recirculating sluice that I already had. I have less than 24 Hours and just under $30 dollars into it. Not including the hose I have coming for the pump. I will be running my 2" Honda dredge motor and pump setup on this.
I still have to build a support at the back because it's a little heavy now. The stand under it was built for the sluice only.
I will be heading to Eastern Oregon next week to try it out at the claim.

Attachments

• IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1247.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,829
  • IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,044

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where did you get the frame?I need one for a letrap .

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess your referring to what I call the stand, It came with the sluice.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jog, your sluice looks really nice and good craftmanship as well. do keep up updated and let us know how it works out for you. very best of luck to you and be carefull out there. ron

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What company made the sluice as in RDH?? :icon_scratch: which was already a highbanker-why a hopper on top of a highbanker,trying to eliminate preclassification-as grizzly bars are the worst method there is??John ???

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jog,

Just slide the whole unit further forward on the stand and you will have no balance problems.
The front of the sluice can hang over a good 6" or more off the stand.
Then you will have plenty of support at the rear for the hopper. :icon_thumleft:

Great workmanship.

You also may want to keep a bucket under the grizzly to catch any accidental gold loss and then re process into the hopper.
I keep a bucket under both ends for that purpose.

GG~

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
What company made the sluice as in RDH?? :icon_scratch: which was already a highbanker-why a hopper on top of a highbanker,trying to eliminate preclassification-as grizzly bars are the worst method there is??John ???
Hoser John..
The sluice is a recirculating one with the water spray bar assembled on it. To save on having to build more onto the sluice I just built off the top of it. I have a claim that has a lot of tailing's from an old line bucket dredge, the tailing's are very sandy with a lot of rock. I don't care to classify that much material.
As soon as dredge season opens I will be hitting the river next to the tailing's.
Hear is the sticker of the company that built the sluice, not as good as the Keene one I used last year.

Attachments

• IMG_1251.JPG
    IMG_1251.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,519
OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a great idea! That will work for now but I want to modify the stand so it slides to about half the length of what it is now. I want to get it so it will fit into my plastic tote. I will make the two half's slide into one another. Thanks for looking!

GoodyGuy said:
Jog,

Just slide the whole unit further forward on the stand and you will have no balance problems.
The front of the sluice can hang over a good 6" or more off the stand.
Then you will have plenty of support at the rear for the hopper. :icon_thumleft:

Great workmanship.

You also may want to keep a bucket under the grizzly to catch any accidental gold loss and then re process into the hopper.
I keep a bucket under both ends for that purpose.

GG~

XT18000

May 26, 2008
RE: to Strickman

Don't think it will work with the Le Trap; it's 15" wide his stand looks to be 10"

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i might just build one,would be nice to find a cheap one ready to go .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread