Another Highbanker Question

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
I currently have a old Tanaka water pump. You may have seen it before posted on this board. If not there is a picture below. It puts out about 1900 gph. I was going to make a 3 long toms that were about 5-1/4" wide and netting 15' long. Will this pump work for that width. I have used with 10" wide sluices and didnt have much success. I was wondering what size sluice is ideal? Or if 5-1/4" is good enough?

P1010019.jpg

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should work ,that rig could run a small dredge .

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you sure it is rated to 1900 gph? Test it. Get at least a 20 gal tote. Fill the bottom with 10 gallons. MARK the tote with sharpie. Fill another 5 gal. exactly. MARK it. Then fill the rest. Get a stopwatch ready. Put the engine at ALL OUT. Start the stopwatch at the first (shallow) mark then stop it at the deeper mark. Do the math to figure what gph you are REALLY getting. You may be surprised at what you are really getting. Most pumps are rated based on their parameters AT THE SHOP. Not in the field where reality rules! Anyways, your pump/engine looks to be more than enough for 5 1/2 " or even 10 " sluice. Work at it. We'll keep with you till you got it. TTC

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tanaka are NOT 1900 gpm but if running right it will run that 1 1/2" suction nozzle(???) and fill a small box ok albeit at the low end of performance and NO blaster nozzle and dredge at the same time,run the blaster, then reverse the valve and suck what ya blasted outta them righteous cracks,crevices and depressions-tons a au 2 u :icon_sunny:2 -John

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Hoser John said:
Tanaka are NOT 1900 gpm but if running right it will run that 1 1/2" suction nozzle(???) and fill a small box ok albeit at the low end of performance and NO blaster nozzle and dredge at the same time,run the blaster, then reverse the valve and suck what ya blasted outta them righteous cracks,crevices and depressions-tons a au 2 u :icon_sunny:2 -John

There is a label on the side of the pump that says 120 liters a minute max discharge. That converts to 1900+ gallons an hour. I'm sure that is upper end and brand new so IDK. LOL

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Hoser John said:
I sold them for over 25 years and chinamen soooooooooooooooooo fulla bs-John

I wouldn't doubt it. I'll take your word for it. So do you think my set up will work? I'm glad someone is familiar enough with these pumps to give me a good direction to go in. Thanks in advance.

riverrunner814

Feb 14, 2009
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I see a hand dredge in one of the pictures. I have some at home here they work great. Found a lot of gold with it. But anyway i am looking to buy a highbanker. There are so many makes and models which is the best one for all arround use. We are running water up to the tailing piles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions