Drop Riffle Banker

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• hibanker 011.jpg
    hibanker 011.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 308
  • hibanker 012.jpg
    hibanker 012.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 328
  • hibanker 013.jpg
    hibanker 013.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 303
  • hibanker 014.jpg
    hibanker 014.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 295
  • hibanker 015.jpg
    hibanker 015.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 298
  • hibanker 016.jpg
    hibanker 016.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 301

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
:icon_thumleft:
Nice looking set up!!! Looks like fun wish I could have gone with you. Hows the new pump, you getting enough flow to move a lot of material fast?
Keep it up it looks real nice!! :headbang: Thanks for the pics. :icon_thumright:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pville,

Looks great! Were you at the meeting in Sacramento last night?? I looked for a tall guy with big hands but there were a lot of people there.
See my post on Hefty's thread "This Comment Sums it Up".

63bkpkr

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I tried to post twice and when i hit post........bla bla theres an error with pics bla bla >:( so the start of the thread was short just like my chance to dig.Caminochaos will Witness to the fact that sometimes I have to perform some random routine maintenance on my '69 vw Baja wich 99% of the time is a bad@$$ ride and gets me where i want to go...on Tuesday i was on the side of the road on the way to the creek and... on the way back.. Good times ::) so i did not feel all that Jazzed on drivin from Pville to Sac...I submitted my email comment. So Gravel..my pump was running at barely above an Idle ;D ;D ;D I have so much flow that I am going to make my Keene conversion sluice into a Banker... it keeps really fine Gold for sure..it did when it was on a two inch Dredge.I do worry that i didnt have angle flow quite right, not much black sand though the little bit of gold i found was fine and flakey.One nice picker/flake..made a nice sound when dropped in the pan.Im gonna make new spray bars with more yet smaller holes..higher preassure spray for slower overall flow? :help: Interesting though... so on a thread here called "Riffle size?"...it talks about the riffles being optimum at two inches spacing...drop riffles in my sluice..two inches.. Im also thinking of gluing some vmat into some of my drops.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea,where it looks like gravel is building up leaving the hopper is actually a screen so theres an undercurrent and it protects the first two riffles. Im going to make a piece to replace the screen with some aluminium punch plate i have the screen doesnt let the washed gravel move quite fast enough.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ain't computers fun!! I can tell you are pleased with the performance of the system for the first run and I know that that is a great feeling!

I'm setup for a interviews from 1:15 - 4:45 this Friday so maybe I will have a full time Job??

I broke down and ordered the 8 x 14 DD coil for the GMT from White's, the $100 coupon really helped. The coupon indicated the order might not arrive for six weeks so if I waited till late May to order it I might not have it till July. Now if I have a job will I have time for detecting??

I had to get off the fence and do something about the coil so I'm glad I read the instructions about the six weeks.

I came out to my Bronco this morning and noted a heavy gasoline smell. The tank is leaking again from rust spots. In the morning I head to Fairfield and the Pick - n - Pull to get another tank.

Enjoy....63bkpkr

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
:icon_sunny:

Good to hear about the flow being enough, I was concerned when I could see that bit of gravel build up. :headbang:

Where do you get the punch plate material?

Let me know if you get off work early sometime and we can run it in my back yard, I have some dirt/rock I recently had to dig up to put in a drain pipe. Later, Gravelwasher

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Gravelwasher said:
:icon_sunny:

Good to hear about the flow being enough, I was concerned when I could see that bit of gravel build up. :headbang:

Where do you get the punch plate material?

Let me know if you get off work early sometime and we can run it in my back yard, I have some dirt/rock I recently had to dig up to put in a drain pipe. Later, Gravelwasher

You can use those veggie grillers for your bbq for punch plate material. I think you can find them at the Dollar Store.

godigit1

Greenie
Jan 12, 2011
Placerville CA
Detector(s) used
New Gold bug Minelab Sd 2200v2 Tersoro Sand Shark Whites Gm 3
Hey Pvillehunter,
Nice job on the high banker. They Have expanded metal at Home D, thats what I used for my screen It works pretty well. Can I ask what you use for the ticks IN HATE TICKS? So far every time I go down to the creeks I end up killing ten to twenty on me and I dont take my dog any more. No ticks back in Nevada but by the bazillions here.
Good luck out there!

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camino, you remember that aluminium punchplate stuff i showed yoU ? It was from a grocery store cooler bottom that was being tossed.It has like 1/16 inch holes. Thats what im gonna use Gravel I have some if you ever want any. Godigit...ticks i tape my pants if im Bush wackin and Keep checkin for them on my neck and when i get home on my......well.. places I think ticks might head to. I got one under my armpit two summers back...it was tiny..would have never seen it, Ive looked down and seen seven or eight bigger ones climbin my pantlegs, what do I do about Ticks? Try not to freak the :wink: out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread