5 Year Anti-Moratorium Petitions

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: 5 Year Anti-Moratorium Petitions

Petitions are right up there in the same classification with form letter for effectiveness. If you feel you must, have at it.

What it is going to take is Millions$$$ and a blood sucking laywer that charges such to win this, something we don't have.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1 handwritten sentence written with a crayon carries as much weight on the scales of justice as a petition with 1,000 signatures.
:icon_pirat: CIVAL DISOBEDIENCE IS THE ONLY ANSWER-RANT RAVE-HOOT AND A HOLLER-PICKET-RALLY-AND NUTTN' ELSE WORKS-John :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

LMAO GUYS

GH, HJ i agree, but something has to be done, I'm desperate
HJ, i like this rally call. lets set a date for the Capital and protest, if we can get people to show up like the meeting we had in Sac.
get the left wingnuts media attention
make up signs like ( the professors at U.C, Berkeley want you to drink mercury and lead )

and i have been told not to put a dredge in the water to protest SB670, because some have done so already and are being cited for other things rather then a violation of SB670,
SB670 is unconstitutional and would be tossed if we had the right judge
but i like this rally lets get it up and running

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

If your going to do it best do it soon, I'm heading North in 16 DAYS!!! :tongue3:

Last year I tried to rally something of a demonstratation/protest in Sacramento, no-one wanted to partake and the interest was just not there.
I tried and was looking at July 4th 2010 great date for freedom 1776 might be what it take this time around.

I think that most miners are city dwelling sheeple and need to grow some balls. We need a BIG impacted not just fly on the wall complaints.

16 Days and I rid myself of this crap hole called California and get to Dredge Free again, a least for the summer months. :tongue3:

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

GH
I did the samething not long ago here on Tnet and got no response
maybe get ICMJ a notice, along with PLP
would my 6 " help in Alaska
Good luck :notworthy:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

sign0053.gif
PLP, Lame.

2cmorau, Besta Luck on all that your going to need it.

Really like the thought of coming back in the fall and have everthing back the way it was but then the reality sets in.
Reality has set in along time ago for me as what other reason would I be heading to AK and putting my family's heritage aside.
Have to get a grip on it or spend all your time fighting and no time mining, I am a miner not a frickin' lobbyist. Way too much time spent already for me.

Sorry, this is just where I am with it. Best of Luck to ya as I said and hopefully it will not push you into the unsane.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

plop=bs-SEND YOUR CASH FOR US TO SQUANDER WITH STUPIDITY AND MORE DAMAGE THAN GOOD DONE BY A 10,000,000,000 FACTOR AS FIGHT DELIBERATELY EXTENDED TO CASH IN ON YOUR POCKETBOOK TO A STYLE TO WHICH THEY WANT TO BECOME ACCUSTOMED TOO. I'D WIPE MY ARSE WITH A $100 RATHER THAN GIVE'M A LOUSY DIME-John

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I came across this, this morning, i was a bit surprised
here's the link if you would like to read the rest
http://www.sierracounty.ws/county_docs/planning/FG eir response letter.pdf
SIERRA COUNTY
Board of Supervisors
P.O. Drawer D
Downieville, California 95936
Telephone (530) 289-3295
Fax (530) 289-2830
3 May 2011
Mr. Mark Stopher
Environmental Program Manager
California Department ofFish and Game
601 Locust Sheet
Redding, CA 96001
Subject: Draft Subsequent Environmental Impact Report
Dear Mr. Stopher:
The Sierra County Board of Supervisors has completed its review of the proposed "Draft
Subsequent Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) for the Suction Dredge Permitting
Program" in California. This review included two (2) publicly noticed Board of Supervisor
meetings and one (1) publicly noticed town hall meeting within the community of
Downieville.
First and foremost, the Board of Supervisors expresses its deepest concerns over the public
outreach program and effort undertaken by the Department of Fish and Game to
understand the impacts of the December 2006 court order; the impacts of implementing the
ban on suction dredging brought about in SB 670 effective August 6,2009; and, the
impacts that will be caused by implementation of the proposed suction dredge rules that
serve to amend the 1994 regulations and impose further restrictions on suction dredging
operations. The public meetings conducted by the Department of Fish and Game were held
in urban regions which are far-removed from the counties and communities that will
receive the burden and impacts of the proposed regulations. Rather than Fresno or
Sacramento, conducting a public meeting in Downieville or Quiucy, located in the heart of
the motherlode aud possessing a deep and rich cultural history based in the gold mining
industry, would have produced a more accurate and realistic understanding of the impacts
that the proposed regulations will have on the population and economy of the region.
The Board of Supervisors offers the following comments with respect to the draft
subsequent environmental impact report:
1. We find the dredging seasons proposed for most Sierra County waterways as
draconian and lacking scientific rationale. The approach proposed in the
regulations fails to provide specific scientific evidence that resulted in the seasonal
classification of streams in Sierra County, and this broad-brushed aproach appears

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That sounds good, I hope that helps get the ball rolling for all dredgers in Cal.

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

While I commend Mr. Davis on a missive well written, I'm afraid it will fall upon deaf ears. People like Mr. Stopher quite frankly don't give a tinkers damn about the little people eak'n out a living in the woods. if you don't sip champagne and nibble on melba toast points smeared with bree you don't belong on the same planet with them what do.

What is needed is some heavy monied individual who believes as we do to bankroll a major lawsuit to slap some dicks in the dirt.

Gramps

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Gramps43 said:
While I commend Mr. Davis on a missive well written, I'm afraid it will fall upon deaf ears. People like Mr. Stopher quite frankly don't give a tinkers damn about the little people eak'n out a living in the woods. if you don't sip champagne and nibble on melba toast points smeared with bree you don't belong on the same planet with them what do.

What is needed is some heavy monied individual who believes as we do to bankroll a major lawsuit to slap some dicks in the dirt.

Gramps

happy0062.gif
Yup, exacty. Finding that wealthy individual to do so will be harder than finding a pound nugget.

Anyhow, in all reality that is what it is going to take a huge lawsuit with unlimited funding to win this stinking battle of this frickin war. (looks to the right looks to the left)

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

all the more reason to get a rally going at the Capital
or be like them nut buckets leftwing environazis and do like they do when they don't have something go there way, who
spike trees, chain themselves together, burn cars, buildings Etc
all the money in the world can't get past the ninth circus court

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread